Fundrise offers a wonderful in-person environment at our Washington, DC headquarters if that’s what you are looking for as well as a fully-remote option, including company-paid access to WeWork, from any location in the United States.
Our mission at Fundrise is to allow everyone access to a technology driven, diversified portfolio of institutional-quality real estate. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $2.4 billion from investors in all 50 states and has been honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies and the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies. We’ve also been recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
Fundrise was founded on the principle that technology and exceptional engineering talent are fundamentally important to our mission. We are committed to our engineers’ career goals and support both IC and management career tracks with heavy investment in each. As a high growth company, there are countless opportunities for innovation, education, mentorship and leadership. We invest in software and tooling to support optimal engineering productivity. Additionally, engineers are provided the latest Macbook Pros for speedy local development builds and performance.
We’re seeking talented and passionate Principal iOS engineers who are excited to solve problems and find solutions that empower other engineers to ship high quality code faster. The iOS Core team is responsible for creating and maintaining the infrastructure that allows for rapid growth of the Fundrise user base and iOS team. This is a high multiplier team dedicated to improving the mobile developer experience and enhancing productivity for all iOS engineers at Fundrise. We’re currently focused on building out our UI component library, modularizing the application, and enhancing our test coverage.
- Join a cohesive team of software engineers developing the Fundrise iOS app
- Collaborate with product, design, and other engineering teams to solve complex problems
- Review pull-requests and participate in code reviews to ensure software quality
- Identify and fix developer bottlenecks impacting delivery across multiple teams
- Advance our application architecture to scale with a rapid growing user base and team
- Share in the ownership of the app deployment and help drive data-driven decisions around usage analytics and error reporting
- 6 years of experience building and maintaining a production-level iOS app
- Excellent understanding of iOS, Swift, and Xcode
- Firm grasp of common iOS architecture patterns (ie. MVVM, MVP, MVC, Coordinators)
- Strong understanding of app testing strategies (ie. Unit Testing, UI Testing, Snapshot Testing)
- Experience building programmatic layouts with UIKit
- Firm grasp of reactive programming (i.e., RxSwift, ReactiveCocoa, Combine)
- Solid knowledge of data structures and computer science fundamentals including asynchronous programming and dependency injection
- Experience with modularizing an iOS application
- Experience with a design system / reusable component library
- Experience with SwiftUI
- Familiarity profiling applications for performance bottlenecks and memory leaks with Instruments
- GitHub account with projects demonstrating your work
Benefits at Fundrise
• Great medical, dental, and vision insurance with coverage of 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, dependent care, and parking
• 401(k) with 3% contributed by Fundrise, regardless of whether you are actively contributing yourself
• Fully covered life insurance and short-term disability
• Significant equity via our employee stock grant program
• Company-paid access to WeWork
• Gympass benefit including mental health resources
• Udemy license for on-demand continuous learning content
• Quarterly Book Initiative to select two books from a curated list related to a different topic each quarter
• Flexible PTO
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid parental leave