Where A-Players Thrive.
Golden Hippo is the dynamic force behind 20+ health, beauty, and pet care brands that generate over $1 billion in revenue annually. With our passionate employee-owners and unwavering commitment to creating top-notch products, we’re revolutionizing the direct-to-consumer market and empowering individuals to live their healthiest, happiest lives.
We’re Looking For A: Principal Engineer to develop custom eCommerce and Marketing software solutions within a Salesforce ecosystem. This role will work closely with the web development and operations teams delivering custom software solutions for diverse functions within the organization.
Location: Woodland Hills, CA or Remote
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead technical teams and provide guidance on best practices to develop web applications using modern technologies and framework.
- Develop and maintain solutions for accepting payments online including credit card processing, PayPal, Stripe, and Amazon Pay.
- Develop and maintain solutions in NodeJS and Java that connect with Salesforce.
- Develop customized solutions within the Salesforce platform supporting custom eCommerce features such as subscriptions, coupon management, and loyalty programs.
- Design, code, and implement Salesforce applications using technical documentation, Salesforce testing, and release best practices.
- Develop and maintain solutions using server technologies including Heroku CLI and AWS SDK when applicable.
- Working with project managers, architects, and product owners, proactively address business needs with custom robust solutions through the enhancement and optimization of integrated applications.
- Support and develop data collection pipelines to optimize business intelligence with data coming from numerous sources such as web pages, video players and eCommerce experiences, in varying formats, stored across multiple cloud environments.
- Design and deliver solutions that are stable, secure, scalable, and maintainable.
Preferred Qualifications (Note: These are preferred and not required. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick ALL of these boxes.):
- Proven experience in engineering large service-oriented systems supporting eCommerce solutions
- Actively able to mentor teams within the technology organization
- Advanced skills in problem management and the full software development lifecycle
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Track record of delivering custom solutions with strong security and performance characteristics.
- Ability to communicate well within different levels of the company
- Strong attention to detail
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Ability to work independently
- Strategic and forward thinking
Tech Team Perks & Benefits:
- Unlimited career growth opportunities through the exploration and mastery of our cutting-edge platforms and languages.
- Tech KPIs are at the forefront of our company’s success, driving innovation, efficiency, and groundbreaking solutions.
- Our Tech team is connected to all parts of the business. Gain an in-depth understanding of Golden Hippo’s inner workings while driving impactful change.
- You’ll be a part of a tight-knit, supportive community. Learn from talented and innovative team members through knowledge sharing sessions and demo days. After work, join the team for fun events like casino nights and remote trivia competitions.
Golden Hippo Perks & Benefits:
- Health and Happiness: Enjoy 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. Get 75% premium coverage for dependents.
- Become an Owner: Join our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and be a part owner of Golden Hippo.
- Boost Your Savings: Maximize your retirement with a generous 401K Plan and company matching up to 3.5%.
- Stand Out, Get Rewarded: Excel and be recognized through our KPI Bonus, Win of the Week, Spot Bonus, and Shoutouts Program.
- Flexibility at Your Fingertips: Work on your terms with flexible arrangements for most positions.
- Skyrocket Your Career: Unleash your potential with unlimited room for professional growth.
- Events: Exciting virtual and in-person events.
$109,100 -$145,500, annual & monthly KPI bonus potential, depending upon experience.