Fundrise offers a wonderful in-person environment at our Washington, DC headquarters if that’s what you are looking for as well as a fully-remote option, including company-paid access to WeWork, from any location in the United States.
Our mission at Fundrise is to allow everyone access to a technology driven, diversified portfolio of institutional-quality real estate. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $2.4 billion from investors in all 50 states and has been honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies and the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies. We’ve also been recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
Fundrise was founded on the principle that technology and exceptional engineering talent are fundamentally important to our mission. We are committed to our engineers’ career goals and support both IC and management career tracks with heavy investment in each. As a high growth company, there are countless opportunities for innovation, education, mentorship and leadership. We invest in software and tooling to support optimal engineering productivity. Additionally, engineers are provided the latest Macbook Pros for speedy local development builds and performance.
We’re seeking talented and passionate Android Engineers who are excited to solve problems and find solutions that empower mobile engineers to ship high-quality code faster. On the Android Core Team, we are working on researching and implementing app architectures that are easy to test and maintain, automating code quality maintenance, improving static analysis instruments, and integrating tools that increase engineers’ productivity – all while maintaining complete alignment with the Android feature teams and helping them deliver the best user experience possible.
- Join a small, cohesive team of software engineers developing the Fundrise Android app
- Participate in major design and architecture decisions of application development
- Collaborate with our design and UX team to quickly iterate on prototypes
- Review pull-requests and participate in code reviews to ensure software quality
- Work closely with our API team to coordinate releases and manage versioning and upgrades
- Share in the ownership of the app deployment and help drive data-driven decisions around usage analytics and error reporting
- 6 years of experience building and maintaining a production Android app
- A firm understanding of Android release considerations
- Expertise in Kotlin and coroutines
- Expertise in UI and Unit testing
- Expertise in dependency injection
- Deep understanding of MVVM and MVI architectures
- Solid knowledge of data structures and computer science fundamentals
- Dependency Injection expertise with Dagger2
- Familiarity with memory leaks and how to spot and fix them (e.g., leakcanary)
- Firm grasp of State retention consideration (process death and how to recover from it)
- Jetpack Compose (exposure or some level of experience with it)
- Test-driven development experience (Unit and UI)
- GitHub account with examples of your work and/or StackOverflow account that can showcase your expertise in Android
Benefits at Fundrise
• Great medical, dental, and vision insurance with coverage of 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, dependent care, and parking
• 401(k) with 3% contributed by Fundrise, regardless of whether you are actively contributing yourself
• Fully covered life insurance and short-term disability
• Significant equity via our employee stock grant program
• Company-paid access to WeWork
• Gympass benefit including mental health resources
• Udemy license for on-demand continuous learning content
• Quarterly Book Initiative to select two books from a curated list related to a different topic each quarter
• Flexible PTO
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid parental leave