Policy & Compliance Operations Associate (Remote)
As a Policy & Compliance Operations Associate at Weedmaps, you have a passion for writing and enforcing policies. In this role, you will efficiently monitor, enforce, and audit all license types following state-by-state guidelines. You will be the decision-maker that will authorize a client to be listed on Weedmaps based on your review and validation of the documents provided. You will stay up to date on the state laws and regulations, updating Weedmaps licensing standard operating procedures in a timely manner. You will ensure compliance with our policies and work with our clients and partnering teams to deliver exceptional service. In this role, you will also be the decision-maker for approving opportunities (Close-Won) that are submitted by Revenue/Sales. You will ensure all contracts are signed and stored within Salesforce executing audits to ensure compliance.
The impact you’ll make:
- Follow standard operating procedures
- Review license renewals and verify that they are acceptable on each state licensing website.
- Contact the appropriate person for each Listing to obtain renewed licenses in a timely manner, upload the license into Salesforce and ensure all notes are kept up to date.
- Make sound decisions on behalf of Weedmaps to either approve or reject licenses provided
- Track, report and take appropriate action for non-compliance including notification to Director and Legal
- Decision-maker for approving opportunities (Close Won) that are submitted by Revenue/Sales. You will ensure all contracts are signed and stored within Salesforce executing audits to ensure compliance.
- Meet with Legal weekly for guidance on any potential legal issues that arise
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on policy enforcement.
- Work cross-functionally with partners from Sales, Customer Service, Support Operations, and Legal to improve the Weedmaps experience, process, and tooling.
- Additional tasks and/or projects as assigned
What you’ve accomplished:
- BA/BS Degree required or equivalent experience
- 2+ years policy and compliance operations experience
- 5+ years customer service experience
- 1+ years experience writing and maintaining standard operating procedures and policies
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience using SaaS products a plus
- Understanding of state by state cannabis laws and SOX compliance
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Strong planning, analytical and organizational skills
- Experience in Cannabis industry
- Bilingual written/verbal
Our 2022 Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day1):
- Employee – employer paid premium 100%
- Dependent – employer paid premium 80%
- HMO – Kaiser & Anthem
- PPO and HDHP with HSA – Anthem
- Basic Life & AD&D – employer paid 1x salary
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- BenefitEd (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how it’s regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office
- Casual work environment, no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Monthly day off for mental health
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with your Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights, and much more!
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.
Notice to prospective Weedmaps job applicants:
Our team has been made aware of incidents involving LinkedIn, Telegram, and Facebook accounts impersonating Weedmaps recruiters. These individuals are attempting to use our company name to solicit payment from prospective candidates interested in applying for jobs at our company. Our team is actively working to combat these attempts, but in the meantime, please be mindful of the following:
- Our recruiters will always communicate with candidates through an @weedmaps.com email address.
- CORRECT: email@example.com
- INCORRECT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our recruiters will NEVER ask for or attempt to solicit payment from applicants in order to apply, interview, or work for Weedmaps.
- If you are interested in a role at Weedmaps, please apply through our established channels.
If you are unsure if a communication is legitimate, please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com and they will happily confirm for you. Thank you for your vigilance and we appreciate your interest in working with us!