We are looking for a PHP Developer to join our U.S. Backend Development Team at Xsolla! The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, building and improving our existing web-based application codebase to current best practices and test driven standards. The chosen candidate will be expected to provide guidance to the rest of the engineering team in the form of project estimates and peer code review.
THE CHOSEN CANDIDATE WILL BE LOCAL TO THE RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA AREA. WE OFFER A HYBRID, FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE.
- Customize our core products for Enterprise clients by adding new functionality or creating wrappers
- Implement feature requests for our key partners
- Create internal operational tools for products
- Collaborate closely with engineers and other product team members
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team
- Drive impactful technical decisions.
- Expert knowledge in the following languages and tools (Composer, PHP7+, Frameworks like Symfony, HTML, CSS3 and ES6+)
- Expert knowledge interacting and developing RESTful APIs
- Expert knowledge of test driven development utilizing PHPUnit
- Professional knowledge of SQL and MySQL/PostgreSQL database
- Professional knowledge of queues like Redis, RabbitMQ, K8s
- Knowledge in Google Cloud Platform technologies (CloudSQL, PubSub and Cloud Run) or with any other cloud provider
- Familiarity with modern software architecture patterns (DDD, Clean Architecture, etc)
- Solid knowledge of security when it comes to developing web applications
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Experience working with Agile KANBAN based teams
- Minimum of three years experience working in programming or information technology
- BONUS if you have experience or interest in the Go language
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF:
- You have deep appreciation of Test Driven Development methodologies
- You want to build amazing software without sacrificing quality
- You are hungry to solve difficult problems
- You want to have input into the overall development of the software
- You want to work with a team that strives to follow best practices
- You are collaborative, willing to teach and learn from others
- You are fun and expect to work with other fun people
At Xsolla, we know it isn’t just about the paycheck. That’s why our Benefits Program is designed to meet and enhance our team’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
Our Benefits Program includes 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision plans for full-time employees AND their families! Additionally, disability and life insurance are company-paid. Chiropractic coverage and flexible spending accounts are there for you, should you need them. And our 401(k) retirement plan includes a company match to help you plan for the future.
Burnout is bad for people and bad for business. That’s why we offer unlimited Flexible Time Off and 14 paid holidays each year.
We are all about personal and professional growth! Every Xsolla employee has a customized career roadmap, curated by the employee alongside their manager, that helps align company goals with individualized personal goals. In an effort to foster your growth at Xsolla, we offer opportunities for in-house training, independent study, conference attendance, and higher education.
Xsolla is a global video game commerce company with a robust and powerful set of tools and services designed specifically for the video game industry. Since its founding in 2005, Xsolla has helped thousands of game developers and publishers of all sizes fund, market, launch and monetize their games globally and across multiple platforms. As an innovative leader in game commerce, Xsolla’s mission is to solve the inherent complexities of global distribution, marketing, and monetization to help our partners reach more geographies, generate more revenue and create relationships with gamers worldwide. Headquartered and incorporated in Los Angeles, California, with offices in Berlin, Seoul, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, and cities around the world, Xsolla supports major gaming titles like Valve, Twitch, Roblox, Ubisoft, Epic Games, KRAFTON, Nexters, NetEase, Playstudios, Playrix, miHoYo, Pearl Abyss, NCSoft, and more.
For additional information and to learn more, please visit: xsolla.com
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization can achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Xsolla takes your privacy very seriously, and will not sell or externally distribute any data received during the hiring process. For more information related to GDPR or CCPA please reach out to email@example.com.
Longevity Opportunity Vision Enjoy the game!