Fundrise offers several options for your work environment from any location in the United States: you can work as a fully-remote team member, either from your own home or an option for company-paid access to any WeWork office, from any location in the United States or you can work in-person at our Washington, DC headquarters if you reside in the area.
Fundrise is a financial technology company that is on a mission to build a better financial system for the individual. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button. We develop software to consume ever more of the value chain of the private investment industry. This pattern is an old story in other industries, but the broader financial system has managed to escape true disruption to date. While today we are focused on how to redefine the process of investing in real estate, we’ve always thought about our mission as bigger than just real estate investment. It’s a way to democratize and reimagine private markets altogether.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $3.1 billion from investors in all 50 states and has been honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies and the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies. We’ve also been recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
As the Payroll & Total Rewards Manager at Fundrise, you will have ownership over the end-to-end payroll process and play a key role in managing our benefits, equity, and total rewards strategy.
- Ensuring timely and accurate end-to-end, on-cycle payroll processing for semi-monthly payroll.
- Managing tax and withholding records and deductions for all federal, state, and local or taxes that relate to payroll. This includes: Ensuring accurate quarter and year end processing including: federal, state and local tax reconciliations (941, 940, W-2, 1095, 1099-NEC, etc.).
- Handling escalated issues, tax notices or tax audits for federal, state & local payroll- related taxes (including workers compensation, state disability and paid family leave where applicable).
- Manage new state registrations as they apply to payroll and workers compensation.
- Managing our 401(k) program and ensuring contributions are processed in compliance with ERISA regulations.
- Planning and directing the implementation of all benefit plans including annual open enrollment efforts.
- Partnering with HR Business Partners to manage the compensation planning process.
- Oversee the administration of our employee equity program and create / maintain associated educational materials.
- Manage annual reporting around 401(k) compliance testing, ACA and EEO-1.
- A deep understanding of payroll processing, including proper taxation of earning and deductions types (bonus, benefits, severances, etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge of United States local, state, and federal payroll tax laws, regulations, and compliance requirements.
- A basic understanding of restricted stock units. The ability to display a considerable degree of tact, initiative, confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong decision-making skills with a deep understanding of employer-and- employee relationships.
- Experience implementing or assisting with the implementation of new HR compliance procedures.
- Hands-on experience in the application of compliance policies and procedures.
- Experience working in a multi-state organization.
- Experience working in and/or comfortability with working remotely supporting dispersed geographic teams
Benefits at Fundrise
• Great medical, dental, and vision insurance with coverage of 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, dependent care, and parking
• 401(k) with 3% contributed by Fundrise, regardless of whether you are actively contributing yourself
• Fully covered life insurance and short-term disability
• Significant equity via our employee stock grant program
• Company-paid access to WeWork
• Gympass benefit including mental health resources
• Udemy license for on-demand continuous learning content
• Quarterly Book Initiative to select two books from a curated list related to a different topic each quarter
• Flexible PTO
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid parental leave