Position: Payment Specialist (UK)
Department: Operations / EU Support
Reports to: Support Manager
Location: UK / Work from home
Type: Full-time (5 day working week)
Compensation: £48, 000 – £54,000
Open through: April 29, 2022
Tessitura is a non-profit company dedicated to helping arts and cultural organisations thrive.
CRM lies at the heart of our mission and our technology platform. With Tessitura in their toolkit, organizations can achieve their goals with ease.
The Tessitura community includes over 750 cultural institutions in ten countries. Our staff provide 24/7 support and offer guidance to grow revenue and build lifelong engagement.
The Support Escalation Team is a part of the greater support team, responsible for member-facing technical support and specialization on protracted support cases for member organisations. The Support Escalation Team works together to provide the highest level of customer service to our members, dissemination knowledge to find resolutions for issues. The Payment Specialist would serve as a Tessitura Payments subject matter expert for the team.
- Provide excellent customer service, through written and verbal communications to both Tessitura members and Tessitura staff.
- Serve as the Tessitura Network Tessitura Payments expert.
- Lead diagnosis and troubleshooting efforts on complex and protracted cases.
- Work with Development to troubleshoot cases and find resolutions for members.
- Investigate and escalate defects for all Tessitura Network Software and Products.
- Participate in the testing process for new releases for all Tessitura Network Software and Products.
- Provide training to Support Teams as needed.
- Create and update Knowledgebase articles to ensure that we have the most up-to-date information available to our internal teams.
- Perform updates to databases in the hosted environment as needed for Tessitura Network Members.
- Work with Learning documentation teams to develop and maintain product and process documentation.
- Assume assignments for the annual user conference related to the planning, preparation and presentation of sessions as needed.
- Due to the nature of our global client base, flexibility with hours may be required to meet member needs. This role assists with providing 24/7 coverage as part of an on-call rotation with other Support Team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To drive outcomes that deepen engagement between our members and the Tessitura company, Tessitura software and Tessitura community.
- As a term of employment, the post holder may be required to undertake such other duties and / or times of work as may be reasonably be required commensurate with the general level of responsibility within the Company.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Demonstration of strong customer service skills, initiative, and ability to assume additional duties.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, even when troubleshooting a topic outside of personal expertise.
- Knowledgeable in multiple areas of the supporting technology used within the Tessitura environment including: networking concepts, SQL Server, API troubleshooting or credit card processing.
- Self-motivated. Able to work efficiently in a virtual environment, including learning new topics and functionality.
- Excellent communicator, written and verbal.
- Ability to explain complex concepts and situations to people with varying ranges of technical understanding.
- Ability to multi-task successfully. You will have daily support responsibilities that will need to be managed alongside customer-driven deadlines that will require dynamic real-time prioritisation based on multiple factors.
- Experience demonstrating a consistent sense of urgency and follow up on open issues to ensure resolution.
- Extremely detailed, organised and results-oriented.
- Knowledgeable in end to end credit card processing.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with Tessitura Software and Products.
- Experience in the Payments Processing industry with providers such as Windcave, Worldpay, Adyen, etc.
How to apply:
Apply by submitting a cover letter, résumé, and writing sample at tessituranetwork.com/about/careers, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your writing sample should describe the value and appeal of a product (any real-life product that you like and know well). Please include one description of no more than 75 words and another of no more than 25 words, both for the same product.
Our company is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as well as providing a workplace of mutual respect, free of any discrimination or harassment. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (DEAI) Commitment:
At Tessitura, our mission is to enable arts and cultural organizations to achieve their goals. We recognize that having a diverse team is not only critical to our commitment to adopt equitable behaviors, it will also fuel collaboration, innovation and creativity as we deliver on our mission.
Creating an environment where everyone feels safe and comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work is both our pledge and our passion.
Ultimately, providing an accessible and inclusive workplace will allow the Tessitura community to thrive.
Tessitura is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees and applicants for employment based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability of an otherwise qualified individual, membership or application for membership in a uniformed service, engaging in legally protected activity, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. Tessitura also provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law. Subject to its legitimate business requirements, Tessitura bases all personnel actions, such as recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, layoff, recall, compensation and benefits, discipline, termination, and educational, recreational, and social programs, solely on an individual’s qualifications, merit, and performance.