Tari Labs, a digital assets-focused blockchain organization that believes privacy on the internet should be pervasive and available to all, was co-founded by Naveen Jain (who also founded Sparkart). And in case you’re worried about funding (stability), Yat is backed by Blockchain Capital, Pantera Capital, Multicoin Capital, Trinity Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Canaan Partners, and Slow Ventures (as well as some of the best investors in the world).
Yat is the brainchild of Tari Labs. It’s really about connecting to the universal language of visual representation in a whole new way; one that celebrates individuals, community, and everyone’s right to privacy in the digital realm. We don’t want to say we’re changing the world, but yeah, we are.
We also happen to be one of the fastest-growing consumer products of all time (👑 us), and as such, we need an incredibly talented team dedicated to making sure it’s continued 🚀 from here on out.
We are looking for people who are fearless, who want to fight for internet freedom, and who believe that privacy is a basic human right for everyone on Earth. We want to collaborate with people who push their own definition of excellence every day, who desire full ownership over their ability to make a meaningful impact, and who don’t want to be a cog in a giant machine. If this sounds exciting to you, join us.
Open source is vital to Tari, we rely on many amazing projects from the community to run our business and regularly share with the world what we build internally. We are looking for a motivated, forward-thinking individual to take Tari’s open-source operations to the next level.
- You have the passion for open source, you have contributed to multiple open-source projects, get why it exists, why it works, and where it makes the most sense.
- You dig into creating sustainable systems and communities that continue to exist long after you are gone.
- You are no stranger to the infrastructure around open source projects – both the technical aspects like repository/project management and the human aspects like community relations and governance.
- You are a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- You are great at juggling competing priorities and figuring out the best way to stack rank to achieve our ultimate objectives near-term, mid-term, and long-term.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are comfortable within distributed work environments, collaborating across time zones and cultures.
- You want to make the world a better place in the specific areas Tari Labs is determined to make an enormous impact: internet freedom and privacy for all.
- You are intrigued by our unique mix of building an iconic company by creating a profoundly passionate community filled with love, a highly useful product that allows people to express themselves in entirely new ways, and by leveraging the Tari blockchain as our ultimate source of truth.
What You’ll Do:
- Keep doing what you’re already doing: contribute to open-source projects
- Interact with existing contributors, maintainers, and community members, to ensure we are deeply ingrained in that project’s ecosystem
- Work with engineering teams to write specific code, where necessary, and submit pull requests.
- Champion those pull requests to open-source contributors and maintainers to try to get them merged!
- Help and advice on open-source governance practices, broad consensus, and other mechanisms
- Contribute to our desire to use good, easy to understand, open-source compatible licenses wherever possible
- You’ll directly impact the culture of open source at Tari.
- 7+ years of software development experience or 5+ years with an advanced degree.
- Experience contributing to multiple open source projects.
- Experience growing and building open-source communities.
- Knowledge of open-source licenses and general open-source governance models.
- Open source dependency management tools.
- GitHub and open-source CI tooling (e.g., Travis CI, Coveralls, CircleCI).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to map innovative and clear solutions to complex problems while managing multiple projects
- You thrive in challenging environments where priorities shift frequently. Ability to operate effectively in tactical and strategic capacities — you can comfortably adjust your altitude and roll up your sleeves as needed.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field (MS is a plus) or equivalent work experience is strongly preferred but not required.
- Experience as a maintainer, or lead maintainer, on an open-source project, preferred.
- Comfortable speaking and presenting at Development conferences
- 100% Remote
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits, including up to 100% paid medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage for you & your loved one.
- 401k program
- An Oculus Quest 2 – Our All Hands meetings and Engagement events are done in VR
- Flexible work schedule and paid time to create your work/life harmony
- An international team of highly talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- The latest technology and equipment to do your best work from your home office
- Be an OG in a young project that is already making 🌊
That’s all to say: these job listings are approximations!
If you are passionate about the employee experience, you want to be challenged, and you want to work with a supportive and energetic team, then we’d love to hear from you. We are all generalists who like to dip our toes into different fields and skillsets, so if a job isn’t a 100% fit, don’t worry!
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We only care that you’re the best person for the job.