As a Senior Social Media Strategist, you are expected to take a leading role in client and department success for the Social Media team at Online Optimism. You will work directly under our Senior Director of Social Media.
Why Work for Online Optimism?
There’s a reason we call our employees Optimists. Named for 5+ years to various Best Places to Work lists, we offer a truly exceptional agency, with competitive compensation, strong-work life balance, significant employee development budgets, three-time-a-year employee reviews, clear paths to career progression, plentiful PTO (plus unlimited sick time for mental + physical health,) and of course, office pups.
Our workplace is truly hybrid. We have staff working out of amazing office spaces in New Orleans, LA, and Washington, DC. You may also work remote from anywhere in the US, from home, a coworking space we pay for, or wherever you’d like. You can work either ET or CT, between the hours of 8-4, 9-5, or 10-6.
All of this allows us to recruit top talent as a leading creative agency, providing you with peers just as incredible to work with as you are.
- 35% Organic Social Media Strategy & Management
- 35% Paid Social Media Strategy & Management
- 20% Client Communications
- 5% Online Optimism’s own social media + ad campaigns
- 5% Always Optimizing – work going toward improving the department over time.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
If you’re looking for a place to grow where your work (and you) will be appreciated and rewarded, you’ll find a home at Online Optimism.
You must have at least:
- 4+ years of professional social media experience (preferably at an agency, but open to in-house.)
- Proven experience running both paid and organic social media campaigns across a variety of platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to craft compelling and persuasive content.
In addition, the strongest candidates will have:
- Professional experience on Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, Twitter/X (sorry, we know, it hurts us to type “X” too), Facebook, and Snapchat.
- Previously utilized SproutSocial or a similar social media management tool.
- Meta Blueprint Certifications.
- Analytical experience with Google Analytics or a similar platform.
- Portfolio showcasing previous social media work.
To be considered, you must apply via the external application link.
What’s It Like to Be an Optimist?
As a full-time employee, you’ll receive all the benefits that a career at Online Optimism gets you. They’re fully detailed on our Careers page, but an overview is below:
- Base annual salary paid weekly.
- Technology stipend of $1,000 / year (also paid weekly.)
- SIMPLE IRA plan with 3% matching.
- Potential additional $1,200 in earned bonuses depending on achieving your KPIs (discussed three times a year).
Insurance and Wellness
- Health insurance for you and any dependents at three different levels so you can choose what’s perfect for you. Online Optimism covers 50% (between $1,859.16 / year in our lowest plan of 1 person to $8,182.44 for a family plan)
- Dental insurance for you and any dependents – we cover 50%, so it can be worth anywhere from $208.32 / year (one person, no dependents) to $626.52 at the highest plan.
- Vision Insurance: We cover 100% (we look at a lot of screens, y’all) which is $75.12 at the lowest (one person, no dependents) to $221.64 at the highest (family plan). Our plan (at most stores) covers new glasses & frames up to $200 / year.
- Short term disability for 16 weeks
- Life Insurance ($10,000 policy)
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) through ComPsych. While this offers a few benefits, the most common one is its allowance of up to three therapy sessions per life event.
All of your insurance begins on the 1st of the month following your first day of employment. You can see the exact costs for your insurance plan via our handy-dandy calculator, here.
Raises & Additional Compensation
- All employees receive raises at least annually, and our high-performers have earned raises two to three times a year in the past.
- All employees receive holiday bonuses. The amount depends on our company’s success throughout the year.
PTO & Holidays
While financial compensation and insurance is important, we believe that your time spent outside of work is often just as important to maintaining a health balance – one of our values is Work is work, not life. This position will receive:
PTO (in additional to unlimited sick time):
- In 2023, you’ll receive 4 days of PTO. You receive them as one day October 1st, and one day November 1st, and 2 days December 1st.
- Starting in 2024, you’ll receive 15 days of PTO annually on January 1st + 2 additional days of PTO as a member of our social media team, in exchange for the weekend/holiday monitoring that you rotate through on as a member of a three person social media team.
- Financial compensation for any unused PTO at the end of the year, valued at 1/500th your annual salary. (It does not rollover.)
- Starting in 2024, you’ll receive Summer Fridays, which are four Friday half days throughout June to August.
- Half day for your birthday (available anytime your birthday week).
- Unlimited sick time for physical or mental wellbeing. This includes unlimited time for things including bereavement, mental health days, miscarriages, or any reason our Optimists believe they won’t be working at 100%.
- If for some reason a medical procedure isn’t available near you, we will also fly you to our DC offices and pay for a night’s hotel stay, no questions asked – you can read more about our out-of-state medical leave policy here, rolled out in June, 2022.
- 14 holidays per year, including: New Year’s Day, Mardi Gras Tuesday (+ the previous Monday and Friday)*, Good Friday*, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, *Christmas Eve, *Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve. The 6 religious holidays, marked with an *asterisk*, may be shifted around per employee’s wishes. Holidays which fall on weekends are moved to the business day before or after.
An Optimistic Work Environment
We work hard to create a supportive, optimistic environment. This includes:
- Our office hours are 9-5, Monday – Friday. You will be able to have flexible work hours including 8-4, and 10 – 6.
- We have an in-place policy that we don’t require employees to check their email while outside the office. We believe strongly in maintaining a work/life balance.
- Our “You Do You” remote work rule means that you get to choose whether you come into our beautiful offices, or work from home each day.
We also like to think we have a pretty great office culture. We have the usual fun stuff, and then go far above and beyond what you might be expecting:
- Casual dress code
- Top of the line computers to work on.
- We offer free web hosting to any Optimist.
- We have a 200% employee donation match program called Donate, Elevate.
- We provide quarterly volunteer opportunities, and allow staff paid time out of their day for opportunities of their own (or as a poll worker).
- Gifts for everyone on a new client account, or website launch.
- We cover the cost of any networking groups or events related to your career or skills that you want to work on.
- We enjoy an annual retreat together.
Additional Long Term Benefits
- After your first 12 months of employment, you’re eligible for paid maternity or parental (adoptive) leave every twelve months, rolling. Paid is 100% your base salary. It is sixteen weeks paid maternity leave, and eight weeks of paid leave for adoptions/paternity.
- In your third year of employment, we’ll send you to a conference related to your field of study within the U.S., all expenses paid.
- After 5 years of employment at Online Optimism, we extend your PTO from 15 days to 20.
- After 10 years of employment at Online Optimism, we’ll provide you with an additional 3 week sabbatical.
- We have no non-compete. You should only be at Online Optimism if you believe it’s the best opportunity for your career at this time.
- Lastly, we’re very confident that everyone who receives one of our offers is going to be a great fit at Online Optimism. If, however, you don’t think it is after 60 days, no problem, we’ll offer you a buyout package. This means that we’ll offboard you over the next week (with insurance til the end of the current month), pay you a $2,000 severance package (after receiving our equipment back,) and wish you the best in your career somewhere else.