Plume is a passion-fueled, mission-driven company that is trans-founded and focused on radically increasing access to healthcare for the trans community, supporting a bold, authentic and healthy lifestyle. We hope to make gender-affirming hormone therapy easily accessible at the touch of a button in every state of the U.S.
We are rapidly expanding and are now available to more than 1 million trans individuals and have built a more than 50% trans team. We are an organization by and for trans folks and we want heart-forward awesomely talented teammates to join us on our journey.
We welcome all state licenses but specifically are in need of folks with Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, and Michigan licenses at the moment.
About The Role
As an independently contracted clinician with Plume, you will join our awesome team of diverse clinicians who provide GAHT (gender-affirming hormone therapy) and depression/anxiety management for our patients throughout the United States. Close to half of our clinician base (MDs, DOs, NPs, PAs) are gender diverse, among many other intersecting backgrounds.
You will provide longitudinal care for a panel of patients so your time will be spent onboarding new patients and providing follow-up care for them (lab management, prescription management, answering clinical questions).
This is a completely virtual work-from-home role with flex scheduling. You schedule your hours when you want to work. We encourage a minimum of 5 hrs per week. We have a large support team that takes care of patient account logistics so you can focus on clinical care.
We are a healthcare startup, so we are seeking folks excited about changing the paradigm of medical care so patients and clinicians are truly centered. We heavily leverage technology, so being comfortable with computers and electronic medical record systems in a rapidly changing environment is critical to do this work.
- At least two active licenses and in good standing with your professional board
- Experience and comfort collaborating with diverse teams
- Comfortable with 100% remote patient care
- Strong technical background (familiarity with EMRs, email communication, app-based platform use, etc.)
- Strong organization and communication skills
Nice to Have
- At least 5 active licenses – preference for Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, and Michigan
- Ability to commit at least 15 hours per week, including onboards/follow up/admin
- Experience with telehealth and preferably direct-to-consumer (DTC) telehealth/startup work
- Experience prescribing GAHT
- Experience prescribing behavioral health medications (depression and anxiety)
- Familiarity with and experience using established GAHT guidelines, including an informed consent model of care
- DEA License and CAQH profile
- All Plume medical licenses and DEAs are paid for and maintained by our licensing team
- WPATH membership
- DEA License and CAQH profile
This work is deeply personal and heart-driven, and we want teammates who, above all else, care. We offer an affirming, trans/queer-friendly, culturally inclusive work environment filled with purpose and camaraderie. As an equal opportunity employer, we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
Read more about Plume here: www.getplume.co