The largest business and financial news site in the world, with unrivaled access to data, insights and original editorial content.
The Yahoo Finance Markets Reporter is focused on helping our readers stay informed on the most important stories moving markets on a day-to-day basis.
Successful candidates should be comfortable covering earnings from a national grocery chain in the morning, covering a speech from a Fed official at midday, and writing about a software company’s merger announcement in the afternoon.
- Cover the biggest stories moving markets, every day the market is open.
- Coverage will include corporate earnings, economic data releases, and other reports or announcements moving markets.
- Read, report, and stay up to date on Wall Street analyst research.
- Watch and cover key interviews on Yahoo Finance live programming.
- Work closely with peers on markets team to test and innovate story selection and structure.
- Collaborate with reporters across teams during breaking news situations.
A Lot About You:
- Experience covering or working in the financial news markets.
- Working knowledge of financial market and industry jargon.
- Knowledge of key economic data releases and earnings calendar.
- Experience reading and interpreting economic data and corporate earnings reports.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Strong news judgment and ability to work and think quickly.
- Passion for learning more about business and financial markets.
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices
- Experience working with multiple content management systems or other editorial tools.
- Use and knowledge of Twitter and other social media platforms the financial industry engages with frequently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and relationship-building skills.
- 2+ years of experience covering or working with financial markets.
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The compensation for this position ranges from $77,250.00 – $151,250.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.