Design is at our core at Shopmonkey. We put the customer and a great user experience above all else. As a product design manager, you have a critical role in defining our relationship with our customers through product and leading other designers to do the same. The ideal candidate is strong in their design craft and design thinking, enjoys managing and leading others, and excited about shaping our products from inception to finish in a fast-paced environment. Come join a team of skilled designers transforming the auto care industry.
You’ll Have The Opportunity To:
- Bring new products to life as a hands-on designer and manager
- Lead a product squad with partners in engineering and product
- Manage and mentor other product designers
- Brainstorm, design, and deliver — start to finish — new features and enhancements
- Coordinate with the product, engineering and cross-functional teams — QA, support, marketing, sales — to shape the product end-to-end and to see features released
- Create concepts to solve early stage customer and business problems
- Collaborate with other squads to create a consistent user experience
- Balance design decisions with technical and business constraints
- Partner with product, research and front-line teams to fully understand our customers — their pains and joys; their needs and desires — and to refine designs and flows
- Help create and run user research studies and usability tests
- Visit shops and engage with customers live
- Help to validate feature usability after shipping
To Be Successful In This Role, You Will Need:
- 1+ years of management experience (bonus: experience in leading without authority)
- 5+ years of product design experience
- Experience designing and shipping products for business, Fintech, and/or SaaS in fast-paced environment
- Experience with the full product design stack and using Figma
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts and design through story, diagrams, sketches, wireframes, hi-fidelity mockups and prototypes
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills and the ability to collaborate and build relationships across departments
- Strong customer empathy and business understanding
- Enjoyment in the product design craft
- Hungry, fast-learner mindset
- Comfortable with ambiguity and fast-paced startup environments
- Experience with animations tools (Framer, ProtoPie, Principle, etc), front-end development, and sharing designs and presenting via Loom
In the United States the range is typically a salary of $136,000 to $140,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. The range provided is Shopmonkey’s reasonable estimate of the base compensation for this role. The actual amount will be based on job-related and non-discriminatory factors such as location, experience, training, skills, and abilities. Consult with your Recruiter during the initial call to determine a more targeted range based on these job-related factors. In addition to this base compensation company stock options and benefits as outlined below are included.
Shopmonkey has become an amazing environment where employees feel that they are valued as people, and not just worker bees. To ensure that our team thrives, we invest in the following perks:
🏡 Fully Remote Work!
- $1,000 to set up your home office
- $20 phone/internet monthly reimbursements
- Virtual activities and in-person meet-ups
- Laptop and super rad swag provided
- Unique opportunity: This is the best form of hybrid! All teams get to travel and meet up for collaboration at least once/year. Shopmonkey also hosts an annual company-wide get together we call Rally
💪🏼 Health & Wellness
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits available the 1st of the month following hire date
- Short term and long term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Generous parental leave
- 401(k) available upon hire
✈️ Time Off
- 11 paid holidays
- Flexible time off – take the time off you need!
🥰 Giving Back
- Matching donations for approved charitable organizations
- Group volunteer efforts
🌟 Personal & Professional Development
- Weekly internal product & company training sessions
- Monthly events & education activities focused on DEIB, personal and/or professional development
- Individual career progression plans and leadership/management training
Check out our founder’s story, life page, or hear from real employees about what it’s like to work at Shopmonkey.
Join our team of hungry, humble, smart people who love what they do, and change the auto industry by helping every shop thrive.
About the Industry
The U.S. is the second largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and give their customers a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey is the leading auto-repair shop software company; it is a cloud-based solution that helps auto-repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation onto a simple, easy-to-use platform.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley and trusted by more than 3,500+ auto shops across the U.S. and Canada, Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo of the global car repair market, estimated to be worth more than $500B.
In 2021 Shopmonkey raised a $75 million Series C, supported by top-tier Silicon Valley venture capital firms Bessemer Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Headline, I2BF, and ICONIQ Growth.
In 2022, Shopmonkey was named #4 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Startup Employers list (and #1 in Business Products & Software Services).
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members from all backgrounds that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission.
Shopmonkey provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Shopmonkey is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our our commitment, Shopmonkey will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our Talent Team at email@example.com.