This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in Canada
AS THE WORLD MOVES TO FHIR, THERE ARE PLENTY OF REASONS TO SMILE
Smarter decisions, fewer barriers, and better incentives are just the beginning. Smile CDR makes it easy for healthcare stakeholders to collect and exchange data with our leading FHIR-based data liberation platform.
We reduce barriers between information and care for those who deliver or consume health services and products and whose roles or care are hindered by fractured, inaccessible or complex information systems.
Let’s make a difference!
BE PART OF THE TEAM WORKING TOWARDS #BETTERGLOBALHEALTH
As Engineering Support Manager, you are responsible for directing, coordinating, and managing the execution of our incident management process from a Tier1 and Tier2 support perspective. You will manage all aspects of the incident management process, including queue management, incident escalation, on-call coordination, SLA adherence, daily triage calls, and interfacing with other departments such as core development.
- Provide effective hands-on, day-to-day management of the Tier1 support team and junior Tier2 developers to ensure effective implementation of our incident management process.
- Lead, mentor, and grow a diverse engineering support analysts and software developers team.
- Provide guidance on escalated issues and lead escalation calls with customers as required.
- Collaborate with internal colleagues for scoping, planning, implementation, testing, documentation, delivery, and maintenance related to any incident/support issue.
- Analyze solutions to ensure they will be interoperable, performant, and maintainable.
- Collaborate with other cross-functional teams to deliver new features and capabilities.
- Engage resources as needed from across Smile CDR to ensure delivery of the best possible solutions for our customers.
- Develop and maintain processes to improve our incident management handling.
- Develop and maintain analytics to monitor our adherence to SLAs and other support processes.
- Understand the capabilities of Smile CDR’s products and services and how they can deliver value to customers.
- 3+ of management experience combined with experience coaching or mentoring similar teams.
- Demonstrate competence with JIRA (preferred) or other service management tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent external communications experience with Senior/C-level management.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively with many team members, local and remote.
- Good knowledge of the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Healthcare domain experience and experience in HL7 (V2, FHIR) are assets.
- Post-secondary education in a related field of study such as computer science is preferred.
Smile CDR’s core values are respecting, embracing our differences, and celebrating our shared values. Our people are the foundation of our success, and we remain dedicated to building diverse and inclusive teams. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations or have questions during the application process.