Fundrise offers several options for your work environment from any location in the United States: you can work as a fully-remote team member, either from your own home or an option for company-paid access to any WeWork office, from any location in the United States or you can work in-person at our Washington, DC headquarters if you reside in the area.
Fundrise is a financial technology company that is on a mission to build a better financial system for the individual. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button. We develop software to consume ever more of the value chain of the private investment industry. This pattern is an old story in other industries, but the broader financial system has managed to escape true disruption to date. While today we are focused on how to redefine the process of investing in real estate, we’ve always thought about our mission as bigger than just real estate investment. It’s a way to democratize and reimagine private markets altogether.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $3.1 billion from investors in all 50 states and has been honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies and the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies. We’ve also been recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
Fundrise has an immediate opening for a Corporate Accounting Manager who is a highly motivated, action oriented person to play a key role in the close and reporting processes for the Corporate entities. In this role, you will own the continuous efficiency improvements of the close and reporting processes, work cross functionally with engineering, HR, legal, and accounts payable, among other departments, and be involved in supporting major projects that impact the accounting organization. The right candidate should expect to leverage current accounting skills, but is also passionate about learning quickly and adding value to current and future processes.
- Manage the timely close and review processes of the monthly, quarterly, and annual books and records for the corporate accounting functions. This includes reviewing journal entries, period-end reconciliations and assistance in review and finalization of period-end flux analysis.
- Seek out opportunities to create processes from scratch and take on increasing business partnership relationships.
- Enhance existing processes and controls, including identifying opportunities for increased speed and efficiency of the monthly close and owning initiatives to implement improvements.
- Lead critical accounting projects, including supporting new business initiatives / product launches.
- Research, evaluate and document technical implications for applicable accounting standards and transactions to ensure internal and external compliance in recording and reporting transactions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting /Finance or related field.
- 5 years of accounting experience (including public accounting and corporate accounting), as well as at least one year of management experience.
- Superior written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a larger functional team.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
- Active CPA license
- Strong knowledge of technical accounting and public company best practices.
- Previous work experience in Fintech and/or asset management.
Benefits at Fundrise
• Great medical, dental, and vision insurance with coverage of 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, dependent care, and parking
• 401(k) with 3% contributed by Fundrise, regardless of whether you are actively contributing yourself
• Fully covered life insurance and short-term disability
• Significant equity via our employee stock grant program
• Company-paid access to WeWork
• Gympass benefit including mental health resources
• Udemy license for on-demand continuous learning content
• Quarterly Book Initiative to select two books from a curated list related to a different topic each quarter
• Flexible PTO
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid parental leave