You will work closely with Product, Design, Legal, Compliance and Customer Support to ensure the best localization of our content for Argentina users. You must deeply understand the user’s problems as well as the cultural context of the country. You will be accountable for the correct language use on all our content. You must use empathy, logic and data to inform content choices and recommendations that will allow us to lead the local market. You will be expected to create all sorts of reference material for Argentina (style guides, glossaries, etc.) and define tone of voice based on the product needs. You will help define best localization processes based on specific needs of each team.
- Provide high-quality ES_AR<>ENG translations for our content in products and different touch points. Proofread and edit Spanish content.
- Work closely with the Product design and Content design teams to adapt our product to the required markets.
- Identify and fix linguistic and market-specific issues before launch.
- Optimize the quality of the existing content on website, mobile app content, and identify key improvements that can impact the business.
- Provide fresh ideas to help build a localization framework and methodologies to guide Product and Engineering teams.
- Evaluate and revise processes to scale and adapt to an ever-growing business.
- Prioritize and organize upcoming projects according to the business goals and roadmap.
- Understand and empathize with how the words we use in our products can make our users feel.
- Create, improve and maintain linguistics guidelines for Spanish Argentina.
- Create QA processes customized to the company’s needs and thought to provide exceptional quality content.
- Ensure that we deliver the most outstanding localized products in the region.
Who you are:
- A translation Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of relevant experience in the localization industry.
- Native Spanish Argentinian speaker and advanced knowledge of English.
- Strong translating, writing, editorial, and reviewing skills.
- Experience in varied stages of the localization process: translation, edition, proofreading, QA, project management, etc.
- Experience with different CAT tools and QA tools.
- Exceptional attention to detail, while the ability to keep sight of the big picture.
- A deep understanding of and passion for product, marketing and technology.
- Experience working with digital products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.