R-Zero is the first biosafety technology company dedicated to making the indoor spaces we share safer, healthier and more productive. Founded to meet a once-in-a-generation opportunity to rethink how society understands health risks in indoor spaces, we develop the most effective and innovative technologies to reduce the spread of all infectious diseases. Combining space utilization sensor technology, AI, ML and IoT connected hardware, R-Zero’s intelligent biosafety platform provides first-of-its-kind visibility, automation and smart risk reduction in the indoor environments where humans spend 90% of their time. We are pioneering a category at the intersection of technology and public health, centered around a mission to solve one of society’s greatest challenges: Delivering a future without sick days. Today, R-Zero is emerging as a world-leader in delivering category-defining technology to address glaring gaps in society’s health protections against all infectious diseases within the indoor spaces we share.
We are a fast-growing startup, backed by the world-leading experts at Mayo Clinic and thought-leaders across health, hospitality, sports, commercial real estate and impact sectors – including those who have propelled some of the most transformative tech and innovation in history. DBL Partners, World Innovation Lab (WiL), SOSV, and John Doerr have all invested in our vision for a future that prioritizes human health.
As we grow our team, we’re looking for candidates who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo, and are motivated to usher in a new era of public health and safety. #LI-Remote
We are seeking a Lead UX Designer to drive UX design strategy and vision. This is the first hire of our design team and is a high profile role that is accountable for defining a world-class end-to-end customer experience. Working collaboratively with engineers, product managers, executives, and R-Zero teammates across the organization, you will be trusted to lead all aspects of design throughout the strategy, research, concept, and development life-cycle. Your scope will encompass the entire customer journey from initial engagement to steady-state product usage including our hardware, mobile, and web products.
What you’ll do:
- Create, align, and continuously improve a unifying vision for our end-to-end customer experience encapsulating the customer education, pre-sale interactions, product onboarding, as well as steady-state product usage.
- Define UX strategy and tactic to create best-in-class end-to-end customer-centric experience, which may include: writing user stories, feature mapping, persona development, user and business goal analysis, creating a design system, workflow and information architecture documentation
- Independently develop and deliver high level story boards, prototypes, wireframes and high-fidelity designs to effectively communicate design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
- Champion a user-centered design process throughout the organization including customer research process with best practices
- Deeply understand our mission, organizational goals, science and technology, products, and customer needs and user psychology
- Provide competitive analysis and stay informed on industry design trends
- Collaborate with executives, product managers, and engineering to design and deliver solutions that effectively achieve business goals
- Ideate, sketch, and prototype for desktop, tablet and mobile devices;
What We’re Looking For:
- Demonstrated track record for creating world-class end-to-end customer experience
- Ability to expertly conduct a wide range of appropriate UX design activities such as: user research, workshop facilitation, strategy and vision development, systems design, concept design, detailed design, rapid prototyping, and usability testing. Ability to drive planning and prioritization activities.
- Strong UX philosophy: clear POV on experience design and the customer journey
- Open Communication: clearly convey thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Decision Making: consistently choose the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
- 8+ years of progressive experience in UX/UI design
- 3+ years in design leadership or strategy roles
- 3+ years of experience in fast paced environments; Enterprise SaaS startup experience heavily preferred
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Sketch, Zeplin or other prototyping and visualization software
- Knowledge of Principle, Framer, or HTML a plus
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At R-Zero, we specifically look for individuals with diverse strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our customers and mission, while helping us grow as a team and individuals.
You’ll love working at R-Zero because of our:
- High-impact mission and purpose-driven team / culture
- Flexibility to choose how you work – whether it be remote (anywhere in the USA), in our brand new Salt Lake City HQ, or a combination of the two
- Competitive salary, startup equity + incentives
- Excellent healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision) covered at 100% for employees, with active enrollment eligibility – so coverage starts on day one
- We’re in the business of improving human health for all, so the health of every employee and their families is key
- 401(k) program with zero waiting period, so you can start investing in your future on day one
- Dedication to deep work on Wednesday – no internal meetings, so you can focus on what’s most important
- Unlimited time off
- Company-sponsored quarterly meetups to connect as a team
Perks are nice, but perks aren’t what makes R-Zero an incredible place to work. It’s our mission, team, and the opportunity to move society forward with impact-driven work that does. At R-Zero, we’re building category-defining technology to solve one of society’s greatest public health challenges, and our work compels us to show up each day for our customers and our teams, while feeling well supported in our benefits.
Tied to our science-based mission focused on human health and safety, R-Zero maintains a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our priority is first and foremost the health and safety of our employees, partners and our community. Please note that R-Zero is an equal opportunity employer and we will comply with applicable law regarding accommodations.