Wanderu is the leading ground travel search in North America and soon the rest of the world. Our mission is to allow people to travel between any two places focusing on the hardest to find modes of transportation primarily bus and train. This is your opportunity to join an exciting, fast-paced startup environment and make a difference in the world, one traveler at a time. We have seen tremendous growth in both sales and new opportunities in 2022 coming out of the pandemic, and we are looking to expand our team to capture this wave of travel demand.
Wanderu is a company that values and promotes diversity, founded by first generation immigrants and led by a 40% female executive team including our CEO. Wanderu is a fully remote company that supports our employee’s choice to find their best fitting work environment.
We hire people who are driven, solutions-focused, and passionate about their work. Our employees never fill a single role and always rise to new challenges with excitement and curiosity. We are currently a fully distributed team with some concentration in the Boston area.
We are seeking a bright, resourceful site reliability engineer who will lead the automation of our cloud environment, including configuration, deployment, auto-scaling, redundancy, monitoring, load-testing and auto-validation. In this role you will be a key individual that will make sure that our systems are up and performing to our growing demand. This position requires a heavy amount of code (for now). You will be instrumental in how services are deployed and how data gets to our customers efficiently.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ownership of systems for cloud management, deployment, scraping, auto-scaling, validation and redundancy
- Support our monitoring/analytics systems and build new reports/graphs/visualizations to alert us to underperforming services/partners
- Collaborate with our application teams for load testing and validation
- Responsible for the continuous deployment of our microservices, including performance testing, validation and analysis
- First line of detection and defense for issues in production
- 7+ years experience with e-commerce or web services in a Systems or IT group
- 6+ years experience with cloud computing technologies (we use AWS)
- 5+ years experience Linux server administration
- 5+ years experience programming in: Python, nodejs, Java, Perl, PHP, Ruby, or bash
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Prometheus, nginx, Jenkins, Ansible, Nagios/Icinga,
- Experience with agile software practices (version control, issue tracking, CI/CD)
- Experience leading a team
- Experience with MongoDB, node.js, Python/asyncio, Linux security
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.