We are dscout. At our core, we are People Nerds. We empower our customers to meet the people who matter to them in the moments that matter most. Customer-obsessed companies and agencies like Salesforce, Sonos, Groupon, and Best Buy use dscout to build better products and services because of people like you. We are building a smart and driven team, and we would love for you to join us.
We are looking for a Lead Research Specialist to join our Special Services Team. On our Special Services Team, you take on the exciting complexities of dscout projects: delivering high quality qualitative analysis, managing complex international projects and the partners who support them, and fulfilling niche recruits. The Special Services team is also tasked with exploring emergent service offerings and new creative ways to deliver value through the dscout product. You can think of the Special Services Team as a group of dscout experts, sense-makers, and groundbreakers.
As a Lead Research Specialist, you are responsible for managing and growing both the analysis and international project support offerings on the team. You are skilled at project management, ensuring the offering is resourced appropriately and the service is consistently exceeding customer expectations. You are a poised professional and quick problem solver, able to navigate challenging situations, and brainstorm solutions on the spot if needed. You are a collaborator and connector, someone who is passionate about bringing teams together and teaching new skills. You would also work as a thoughtful and supportive people manager within the team. You enjoy coaching, mentoring and helping your direct reports do their best work every day. Finally, you are a seasoned researcher, relying on your experience to best serve our customers in terms of how the offering you manage exists today, and helping envision how the offering will evolve in the future.
Please note: A significant part of the interview process for this role is reviewing a portfolio or past work samples (with appropriate redaction). Please be prepared for this request.
What you will do (let’s call them Responsibilities):
- Serve as the direct manager for a few of our Research Specialists, with duties including assisting on prioritizing workload, coaching on work performance and execution, and facilitating professional growth opportunities
- Identify opportunities for improvement within the team’s key offerings, and drive implementation of improved ideas, processes and workflows
- Develop and maintain systems and relationships with existing key clients and partners to ensure mutual continued success and accountability
- Address last minute needs that arise, and take the time to understand the issue in order to best direct the team on solutions
- Support resourcing and revenue attainment for the offering
- Work closely with Account Managers to manage project scheduling, resourcing and other administrative workflows
What you need to have (we can call them Desired Skills and Background):
- A degree in anthropology, sociology, market research, design research or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- 5+ years of experience in consumer research, user experience or design research, or a related field
- An appreciation for and understanding of digital research tools
- Experience across all phases of research, including planning, recruiting, fielding, analysis, synthesis, designing deliverables, and presenting
- Experience in both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- A “Get Things Done” attitude – while empathetic and reflective, you consistently drive for completion
- A passion for research, an innate curiosity about how and why people behave the way they do, and a desire to better understand complex behavioral problems and find solutions to those problems
- Proven experience managing and collaborating with, supporting, mentoring, and guiding team members
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to present self and work in a poised, professional manner
- Highly flexible, adaptable to change, and comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
Note: As a result of COVID-19, the dscout team has decided to work remotely for the time being. However, we are now interviewing, hiring, and onboarding remotely for all open roles! While our office is temporarily open for teammates who feel comfortable coming in, no current or future employees will be required to come back into our office at this time.
We do our best to write realistic, accurate job descriptions, but we also recognize that great talent comes in many forms and from many backgrounds. Not sure if you meet all of the above bullets? Please apply anyway!
dscout is a team full of passionate research, sales, technical, marketing, design, success, and operations professionals. We are driven by the power of research—how in-context insights from real people can build products and services that are more people-centric. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we are looking for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what dscout is today and we are excited to build our future with you.
It doesn’t just stop there. When you join the dscout team, you will get:
- A strong and competitive compensation package with a built-in bonus and equity program.
- An incredible and progressive benefits package to support work/life balance that includes flexible PTO, 12 company holidays, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and much more.
- A company that is open and transparent with our team. You will know what is happening and why it matters.
- An education stipend to support your growth & development. As you grow, we grow.
dscout is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We’ll do all we can to ensure you’re set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
dscout participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.