We are dscout. At our core, we are People Nerds. We empower our customers to meet the people who matter to them in the moments that matter most. Customer-obsessed companies and agencies like Salesforce, Sonos, Groupon, and Best Buy use dscout to build better products and services because of people like you. We are building a smart and driven team, and we would love for you to join us.
We are looking for a Lead Product Manager to lead our Express and Diary products – dscout’s unmoderated researcher tools. You will balance launching a new version of Express. To achieve this, you will work across departments to understand our business objectives and opportunities and prioritize opportunities based on risk and impact. You will work with a passionate team to articulate the long-term vision of the products and collaborate on translating that vision into executable business requirements. You will rely on a process of validation, communication with stakeholders, and strategic roadmap prioritization.
Here’s the fun part: you are a product person building products for product people… we hope this excites you! Some special aspects of being a product manager at dscout include being surrounded by an environment of passionate collaborators with an eye for user-based outcomes, Jobs-to-be-Done-based roadmaps, and thoughtful data-driven decision making.
What You Will Do at dscout
- Lead the road mapping, project definition, and launch of innovative software products in an agile workflow
- Partner with designers and UXRs through research, ideation, solution design, and user testing phases.
- Partner with a Tech Lead on refining, technical development, and quality of projects
- Partner with sales and customer success for ideation, stakeholder management and preparing launch of new products
- Work with leadership to prioritize opportunities, create a shared vision across teams, and build consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Define and analyze metrics and OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) that inform the success of product launch and adoption
- Oversee milestones and communicate project status, scope changes, and critical metrics to all stakeholders, including senior and executive management
- Work with Technical Support and QA to properly resolve and prioritize product defects
- Mentor and coach PM teammates; championing new process improvements, cross-team communication and roadmap frameworks.
What You Will Bring to dscout
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, CE, HCI, similar technical field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of product management experience, preferably at a customer-facing SaaS company
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Experience defining and measuring success
- User research skills (ideation, evaluative inquiries, customer interviews, validation processes)
- Understanding of the technical architecture of web and mobile applications
- Experience developing consumer-facing software products, technologies, and/or platforms
- Demonstrated leadership ability, empathy, and success in an agile environment
We do our best to write realistic, accurate job descriptions, but we also recognize that great talent comes in many forms and from many backgrounds. Not sure if you meet all of the above bullets? Please apply anyway!
dscout is committed to providing our employees with the flexibility to work in a location that works for you. If you like working in an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago HQ. If you prefer to work from home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, so just let us know where you’re located and we’ll let you know if we can accommodate that location.
dscout is a team full of passionate research, sales, technical, marketing, design, success, and operations professionals. We are driven by the power of research—how in-context insights from real people can build products and services that are more people-centric. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we are looking for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what dscout is today and we are excited to build our future with you.
It doesn’t just stop there. When you join the dscout team, you will get:
* A strong and competitive compensation package with a built-in bonus and equity program.
* An incredible and progressive benefits package to support work/life balance that includes flexible PTO, 11 company holidays, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and much more.
* A company that is open and transparent with our team. You will know what is happening and why it matters.
* An education stipend to support your growth & development. As you grow, we grow.
dscout is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We’ll do all we can to ensure you’re set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
dscout participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.