About the job
About Us: We are Streamlabs, a technology company whose mission is to serve creators. We are a distributed team. We build tools and software allowing tens of millions of creators to create content, earn an income, and build communities. Over $900 million in donations have been paid out to creators through our platform since 2015. The top live creators on Twitch, YouTube, Facebook and other platforms trust and use our tools to broadcast and monetize their streams. We are a product-focused company and so on top of our core suite of products we are also building moonshot products that support creators outside of live streaming, with many failures and lessons along the way.
Our company is changing the live streaming and creator industry and you can be a big part of it. We believe in meaningful work and meaningful relationships. Part of our culture is deep empathy for our teammates. We do team-wide hackathons every year and fly the entire team from across the globe to one location to build new ideas together (when it is safe to do so). We strive for complete transparency within the company with a weekly all hands that covers everything (that is also the only standing meeting we have as a team and we are generally anti-meeting). We do learning talks, game nights, product demos, AMAs, and much more. These are just some examples, but in sum we are laser focused on building a diverse and inclusive environment where people thrive and are proud to do their best work.
Our core company values are ownership, transparency, empathy, and speed.
We fully support remote work, especially during these times.
The Role: We’re looking for an entrepreneurial product leader who will help grow our desktop app. We are searching for a true owner who thinks deeply about problems, cares about the end-user and has exceptional communication skills. Someone who will go above and beyond to make our desktop app wildly successful and useful to streamers on all platforms. You will not do this work alone. In this role, you will spend time with our community, partner with leads across the company, work shoulder to shoulder with the customer success team to get user feedback and translate this all into a great product with our dedicated desktop team.
- Drive product vision, principles, and strategy for the desktop app together with the desktop team
- Come up with ideas that drive value to creators based on feedback from the community, your understanding of the space, spending time with creators, listening to our customer success team and any other input that you can find. Turn these ideas into features that you ship!
- Work with desktop team and rest of the product org to plan roadmap, communicate key info to rest of the business, and ensure that we are aligned and moving forward
- Partner with other product leads on cohesive product strategy for entire suite of creator products
- Leverage our existing analytics to get product insights and partner with our data science team to further improve analytics. Figure out ways to get end-user insights via other means
- Work closely with QA, engineering, design, and product marketing to ensure that every release is something we are immensely proud of. Plan marketing moments and campaigns for large releases
- Care deeply and communicate clearly
- Empathize deeply with our users and with your teammates
- What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years of product management experience with demonstrated success shipping
- Passion for creator economy and especially for live-streaming
- Experience synthesizing variety of signal to come up with product insights
- Comfort with ambiguity. Ability to come up with logical recommendations despite not having all the info. Excel at handling many moving pieces.
- Self starter. High drive. Thrives in an environment with a lot of freedom and always moving forward with purpose to deliver results or fail and learn. Someone your team looks up to because of your work ethic
- Interest in learning about new things: new technologies, new markets, new problem areas. Excited to quickly ramp up on new topic and come-up with a thoughtful point of view
- Experience in creator space, specifically live-streaming
- Experience working on desktop applications
- Experience working at a startup
- Experience in release management
What you can expect from us:
- Driven and supportive teammates
- Work environment that truly practices our culture values (respect, empathy, learning – not just perks)
- One of a kind learning opportunities. You will likely look back at this experience as the time when you grew the most
- Massive impact. A chance to impact creative process of millions of creators and by proxy deliver value to 100s of millions of fans (true impact and leverage)
- Experience building for the hottest and faster growing segment besides web3 (creator economy)
Important to our culture: 1. Speed 2. Humble 3. Empathy 4. Ownership. We prefer to hire for attitude and train for skill.
For candidates outside of the US and Canada, employment will be offered on a remote contract basis. Relocation to the US or Canada is available after a trial period on a case-by-case basis. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.