While this role is posted in Omaha, NE we are open to hiring BDRs within the San Francisco Bay Area.
We’re the leading drone software provider making commercial drone data accessible to anyone, anywhere. Trusted by users across various industries, we’re transforming how businesses collect, manage, and analyze worksite data. Our user-friendly platform makes it possible for companies of any size to improve their workflows through scalable image processing, data storage, and real-time sharable drone maps and 3D models.
We are committed to a remote-first global work environment that empowers people to innovate, grow professionally, and make meaningful impacts. We’re recognized as the # 1 Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area and made the Top 200 list of America’s Best Startups. Our employees are creative, driven, and committed to providing our customers with the best drone software in the industry. Our office locations include San Francisco, California, Sydney, Australia, and Auckland, New Zealand.
The Lead Business Development Representative (Lead BDR), will help lead a team of Sr BDRs and BDRs that are primarily responsible for executing outbound prospecting initiatives to generate qualified meetings and pipeline for Sales Account Executives (AEs). The Lead BDR will work well remotely, be very organized, accountable for the team’s success, and take responsibility for continuous coaching, and training of the team. The Lead will align BDR goals and activities with our Go To Market plans to ensure the company achieves growth targets. This role will directly report to the Manager of DroneDeploy Pre Sales while also supporting the Industry Verticalized Sales Teams in streamlining our pre-sales operations at DroneDeploy.
- Perform BDR responsibilities as Lead BDR outbounding into strategic accounts which will account for 50% of the time spent in this role
- Support team growth to recruit, hire, onboard, train, and manage new BDRs which will account for 50% of time spent in this role
- Motivate BDRs to exceed goals through coaching and incentives
- Provide accurate meeting and opportunity forecasts to the sales organization and executive management
- Partner with Industry Verticalized Sales Teams to implement sales and pipeline build strategies
- Perform custom lead research & prospective outreach of key, large accounts for new & incremental sales opportunities
- Own data entry activities for leads, contacts, accounts, and opportunities in Salesforce
- Qualify prospects against established criteria and successfully articulate value propositions before passing a lead to sales
- Test methodical approaches to outreach by utilizing data to improve the effectiveness
- High-level planning of events and industry conferences
- Consistently meet/exceed set booked goals
- Travel for industry trade shows and conferences in North America
- Minimum of 18 months of experience working in a prospecting role (Sales or Business Development, Inside Sales, Telemarketing, or Lead responsibilities)
- Experience with successful onboarding and training of new BDR or SDR hires
- Expert skills in Outreach.io or Salesloft required
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce.com required
- Quota-exceeding track record-setting qualified meetings
- Exceptional pipeline organizing and building abilities
- Experience with Account-Based Marketing (ABM) and B2B SaaS sales strategies is a plus
- A strong and articulate communicator to all stakeholders including prospects, peers, and management.
- Adaptable and able to respond to the changing needs of an early-stage business
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Able to travel up to 25% for industry trade shows and conferences in North America
- Able to work between 8am – 5pm PT/9am – 6pm CT
Employee Offerings & Benefits include:
(may vary by location)
Innovative company culture
Drone pilot certification
Flexible work schedules
Flexible work location
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Wellbeing activities (live & on-demand)
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.
Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice for information about privacy during the recruiting process.