Splendid Spoon is experiencing spectacular growth as more consumers explore plant-based eating and a desire for their meals to be delivered directly to their doorstep. We need your help to build the next generation e-commerce platform that will allow our customers stay informed, in control, and delighted on their journey to better health through plant-based food.
Our Engineering team works primarily on East Coast time, but this role is fully remote and open to applicants located anywhere in the US.
Salary range: $165,000 to $175,000, based on experience.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and stakeholders across the company to specify, architect & implement new features in our e-commerce platform.
- Collaborate and mentor a hybrid, remote team working on our web application.
- Help us define system architecture and patterns that allow us to develop future functionality quickly, cleanly and correctly. In particular, develop strategies to upgrade or replace large existing systems currently running in production.
- Maintain rigorous security and redundancy standards so that our systems remain secure and online.
- You’re a highly skilled Python, Java, Ruby, PHP, or C# developer (we use Python, and you should be experienced with it, or ready to quickly ramp up on it).
- Bonus: You have some experience using frontend technologies to get end-to-end systems out the door.
- Can discuss the details of using at least one modern web framework: Django, Rails, ASP.net, Lavarel, etc.
- You feel comfortable bouncing between architectural thinking, and getting your hands dirty implementing features and squashing bugs.
- You can lead a project from specification to design, implementation, deployment, and support.
- You can learn from what we’ve already tried: In addition to building new systems, are ready to become an expert in existing ones.
- You’re willing to join our on-call rotation, which sometimes entails addressing urgent tickets outside of normal work hours. (Note: As an engineering organization, we’re committed to humane on-call practices.)
- You’re willing to travel to our New York City office several times a year.
- Small team of close-knit, supportive employees who are passionate about each other and improving people’s experience with food
- We’re a small engineering team; you’ll have an outsize impact on the future direction of our tech stack and culture.
- We’re customer-focused: doing what’s best for the customer wins arguments at Splendid Spoon.
- Competitive Salary + generous PTO policy
- Free weekly Splendid Spoon meals!
- Annual stipend to build your ideal remote work environment
- Company-sponsored virtual and in-person hangouts