Nira is looking for Senior/Lead Backend Engineers with specific experience in Python/Go/AWS to join our fast growing, 100% remote team. Ideally these roles are located somewhere in the Americas (GMT-3 through GMT-7) but we’ll consider qualified candidates from all locations/timezones.
As a key member of our engineering team, you’ll lead the development of many high impact initiatives. We’re looking for strong engineers who work well on a small team and are excited about the opportunity to have a direct impact on improving customer experience. As a senior/lead engineer, you are someone who can self-manage projects through from beginning to end, and bring good organizational skills and attention to detail.
What You’ll Do
- Architecture design, API design, data modeling.
- Stream and graph data processing and distributed systems.
- Performance engineering to achieve throughput, resilience and enable scaling.
- Code standards, code reviews, technical planning/research, testing/QA.
- Investigate and resolve bugs/customer issues.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- You’ve got 5 years of experience with: Python, Go, Microservices, Kafka/SQS, AWS Lambda/Serverless, Docker, Elasticsearch
- You have high accountability and ownership of your work, but a willingness to collaborate with others to achieve shared goals.
- You have a bias towards action. You love to move fast, are self motivated, and a life-long learner.
- You care about working on fast-growing products while iterating and sweating the details.
- You’re willing to do whatever it takes, even if this means working outside of your role (backend help frontend, frontend help backend, handle customer support, etc).
- You’re able to effectively balance speed/quality/tech debt and make engineering decisions that enable speed and quality results.
- You’re a product thinker who cares about the customer.
Benefits and Perks
- Work From Anywhere – 100% remote/distributed team
- Flexible Work Schedule
- BYO Kit or Company Allowance
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical and Dental (US only)