Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media brand that delivers news and insights about bitcoin and crypto to millions of investors.
Our editorial site, research, newsletters, podcasts and events provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets.
About the Role
We are building a world-class research team at Blockworks, providing deep insights into various crypto assets through on-chain data with context, governance updates, and broader qualitative research. We cover topics before they become a mainstream narrative to provide alpha for our subscribers. Junior Analysts will work alongside Analysts and Senior analysts across our four teams: research, data and analytics, governance, and services.
Blockworks is looking for passionate, detail-oriented individuals to join our research team. As a crypto researcher, you will be responsible for creating in-depth reports and tracking on-chain metrics for various protocols, specifically DeFi-focused. There is also a lot of opportunity to grow your personal brand through Twitter, various podcast and Twitter Space appearances, and active participation in DAO governance.
This role is open for candidates who are working remote within North America as well as candidates who prefer to work from our New York office. Candidates who are able to work within 3 hours of ET is preferred. This role offers competitive compensation and significant opportunities for growth.
In this role, you will work directly with our Head of Research and will:
- Conduct deep-dive research on topics like L1s, L2s, monolithic vs. modular stacks, incumbent and rising dApps, and much more.
- Communicate with our audience through telegram, discord, and other mediums about the state of the crypto industry and where it is moving.
- Work with data using SQL and Python to form analyses and explain them in charts and other data visualizations that are digestible.
- Wear many hats, contribute to many projects, and adapt to the needs of the team at a fast growing organization.
- Evaluate various tokenomic structures and their long-term sustainability and value capture.
What You’ll Bring
- Eager mentality to learn
- Passion for crypto, including a willingness to research new topics and change your opinions
- A strong understanding of various scaling architectures i.e. optimistic vs. zk rollups, app-specific chains, subnets, high throughput base layers, etc.
- Capable of working with data using SQL or Python, or the desire to learn is a plus
- Ability to swiftly comprehend complex topics and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to write long-form research about complex narratives and ideas in a way that is clear, cohesive, accurate, and can be understood by a general audience.
- A passion for DeFi and extensive experience using various dApps
- An understanding of smart contracts and how to use various block explorers
- Familiarity with all of the tools in the industry that are available to support you in the research process
- Experience being active within a DAO or regularly looking into various governance forums
Salary & Benefits
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive pay
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for you + a significant portion covered for your dependents
- 401(k) plan
- Remote work-station stipend
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings (even while remote!)
- Generous vacation and holiday policy
- Commuter benefits
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Blockworks is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com