Position: IT Helpdesk Specialist
Department: Innovation / Internal IT
Reports to: IT Manager
Location: Wherever you are happiest! / Work from home
Compensation: $55,000 – $65,000 USD
Open through: May 27, 2022
Tessitura is a non-profit company dedicated to helping arts and cultural organizations thrive.
CRM lies at the heart of our mission and our technology platform. With Tessitura in their toolkit, organizations can achieve their goals with ease.
The Tessitura community includes over 750 cultural institutions in ten countries. Our staff provide 24/7 support and offer guidance to grow revenue and build lifelong engagement.
Tessitura Network is seeking a skilled and rapid learning individual to provide primary tier support for its 300 globally distributed staff. Under the direction of the IT Manager, the IT Helpdesk Specialist will respond to customer requests for assistance from staff end-users of multiple systems and maintain and monitor the Tessitura Network IT infrastructure in a virtual environment. This individual will also assist in the administration and documentation of enterprise applications, as well as provide training where needed. The IT Helpdesk Specialist is primarily responsible for direct staff end-user support for computer hardware and local and cloud software via an Atlassian-based ticket help system.
Candidates for this role should have the desire to learn new material and enjoy technical puzzles. Candidates should also have some pre-existing multi-systems skills to shorten integration time into this position. Technical and administrative knowledge of Microsoft 365 and Azure AD cloud environments will be prioritized in the candidate pool.
- Provide staff end-user support in troubleshooting hardware issues with workstations, servers, networking, and other computer peripherals (primarily Windows environments)
- Provide staff end-user support in troubleshooting software problems for operating systems and software applications, including various utilities and custom systems
- Perform daily maintenance related to email and infrastructure security in Microsoft 365 environments
- Provision user accounts across multiple cloud systems and maintain security and distributions groups
- Produce and maintain internal documentation related to staff tools, configurations, procedures, and policies, especially as it relates to resolutions of customer tickets for building knowledge base for customer self-help
- Triage tickets for SLA and manage escalation for timely handoff to secondary tier support
- Under minimal ongoing supervision, complete minor projects as assigned by the IT Manager
- Assist with the installation of new hardware and software and help train employees on usage
- Remotely install, configure, and upgrade hardware/software on workstations and peripherals
- Maintain hardware inventory
- Travel 2-3 times/year for meetings and conferences
- Distributed nature of the workforce may require occasional off hours meetings to support international staff. (flex time as appropriate)
Required Skills and Experience:
- Microsoft 365, Azure AD and Intune administration experience
- Customer service oriented
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills to all levels of the organization.
- Proficient technical writing skills (candidates will be asked to provide an improvised technical documentation sample if selected for interview).
- Proven problem-solver and technical researcher.
- Windows 10 or 11 installation and administration experience.
- Ability to maintain motivation and productivity in a 100% work-from-home environment.
- Has the legal right to work on the United States
- Resides in the U.S. Central or Pacific time zone (or willingness to work equivalent hours)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years IT experience or related post-secondary degree
- Atlassian ecosystem configuration experience
- Powershell, especially related to Microsoft 365 and Azure AD functionality
- MCSE (or equivalent role-based Microsoft certification), Comp TIA, or other IT certifications
- Experience with the following tools: Confluence, Jira, Absolute, LastPass, Slack, Box
How to apply:
Please apply by using the online form. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our company is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as well as providing a workplace of mutual respect, free of any discrimination or harassment. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (DEAI) Commitment:
At Tessitura, our mission is to enable arts and cultural organizations to achieve their goals. We recognize that having a diverse team is not only critical to our commitment to adopt equitable behaviors, it will also fuel collaboration, innovation and creativity as we deliver on our mission.
Creating an environment where everyone feels safe and comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work is both our pledge and our passion.
Ultimately, providing an accessible and inclusive workplace will allow the Tessitura community to thrive.
Tessitura is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees and applicants for employment based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability of an otherwise qualified individual, membership or application for membership in a uniformed service, engaging in legally protected activity, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. Tessitura also provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law. Subject to its legitimate business requirements, Tessitura bases all personnel actions, such as recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, layoff, recall, compensation and benefits, discipline, termination, and educational, recreational, and social programs, solely on an individual’s qualifications, merit, and performance.