At Vercel, we believe that liberating the frontend unlocks creativity and open-source is the best way forward.
We are building a next-generation internet where developers can create freely and execute new ideas, guaranteeing a more vibrant, personalized internet. Vercel’s platform provides the speed and reliability to create at the moment of inspiration. In other words, our friction-less, real-time deployment makes it possible to start working on projects immediately — anywhere in the world.
Our globally-distributed team works asynchronously to lead the React ecosystem and serve developers at large companies. We pride ourselves on our diversity, shared urgency to iterate, team-oriented decision making, and drive to dig deep.
About the Role:
Vercel is looking for Infrastructure Engineers to help us build functional systems that improve product and customer experience. As a Vercel Infrastructure Engineer, you will help to scale and improve our infrastructure, availability, and reliability by working closely with our backend engineers and product team to identify problems, create tooling and automation. If you have a solid background in software engineering and are familiar with Cloud Services (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, or others), Node.js, Terraform, or Kubernetes we would like to meet you.
Vercel, Next.js: Develop. Preview. Ship.
Vercel, generally, is growing fast and the Infrastructure team is no exception. The role is dynamic – you should be comfortable designing systems, writing code, and debugging systems in production. Our infrastructure team orchestrates deployment, serving and hosting for our customers through capabilities and tooling we maintain that leverage our own and other cloud providers’ infrastructure for networking, routing, storage, caching and purging.
- Are intrigued by the challenges faced by building other engineer’s code. Lots of it.
- Have ideas about how to make systems scale in the cloud.
- Want to help protect the Vercel platform from abuse – security is a top priority
- Are keen to experiment, challenge norms and deliver secure, reliable and performant systems that delight Vercel’s users
- Are knowledgeable about web servers.
- Are a confident Node.js developer (or keen to become one) with experience of building reliable infrastructure projects in the cloud.
- Do not need to be a Next.js or React expert. But it’s a bonus if you are!
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.