Teaching kids to think critically and communicate effectively has never been more important, and NoRedInk helps students become better writers in more than 60% of middle and high schools in the U.S. We’re looking for a talented Infrastructure and Tooling Engineer to further our quest to help every student harness the power of the written word. Your role will be to improve developer experience and system stability, while serving a collaborative team of engineers.
In this role, you will:
- Help engineers work faster and easier by building next-generation tools
- Gain professional experience with functional programming languages like Elm, Haskell, Dhall, Nix, industry leading infrastructure technology such as Kubernetes and Docker, (and still, nix) and performant build tools
- Experience personal growth through a management relationship which prioritizes support, empathy, and clearly communicated expectations
- Deliver impactful solutions at scale, building on the foundations of software that handles hundreds of thousands of writes per minute
- 3+ years of experience
- You are excited to search out and debug problems in unfamiliar systems
- You value your autonomy. You prefer building goals with your team rather than receiving them from a manager
- You have at least 1 year of professional experience developing applications
- You value code quality and well tested code
- You’re excited about working with or learning Haskell, Nix, Dhall, and Elm
- You’re comfortable managing Linux, MySQL, or PostgreSQL
- You have some experience with automation
- You have some experience with infrastructure orchestration (kubernetes, chef, puppet, terraform, ansible, etc.)
- You are comfortable working remotely
What NoRedInk Offers:
- Personal growth through a management relationship prioritizing support, empathy, clearly communicated expectations, and consistent modeling of our company’s core values
- A competitive salary and equity package in a high-growth, well-funded startup with massive traction
- Excellent health, vision, and dental benefits (U.S. Only)
- A remote-first culture that allows for flexible hours (We were big on remote before COVID!)
- A relaxed and flexible PTO policy and paid parental leave
- 401(k) (U.S. Only)
- LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Team retreats and events to connect with fun, talented coworkers
- The opportunity to help millions of students and teachers improve the state of writing education
NoRedInk helps students in over 60% of US school districts become better writers. Our deeply engaging, adaptive curriculum personalizes exercises to kids’ interests, guides them through the writing process with instructional support, and boosts their skills through targeted practice. Students have completed over 10 billion exercises on our site, and our mission is to help all students harness the power of the written word.
NoRedInk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce.
*Note: Agencies or other third-party recruiters may not submit unsolicited candidate resumes or their information to any NoRedInk employee, including a NoRedInk Recruiter, unless a contract is signed and you are given permission by the Talent Acquisition team to work on a job opening.