The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Senior Information Security Analyst to join the Security team, reporting to the Director of Security. As a Senior Information Security Analyst, you will play a critical role in evolving our security and privacy capabilities, while modeling compassion, collaboration, and transparency in support of our mission to grow a Foundation-wide culture of security. In this position you will be responsible for managing and improving upon our incident response, supplier security, and vulnerability management functions. You’ll also guide us with your expertise as you review security controls, policies, and procedures and advocate for the adoption of new technologies or policies.
You are responsible for:
- Providing support for security incidents or events
- Managing our supplier security review process
- Developing and managing our vulnerability and threat assessment capabilities
- Reviewing, creating, and socializing security controls, policies and procedures
- Participating in security and privacy initiatives as needed
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Incident Response
- Experience in policy creation and enforcement
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related field or the equivalent in work related experience
- 5+ years experience as part of an Information Security team
- Strong English language skills and ability to work independently, as an effective part of a globally distributed team
Qualities that are important to us:
- Curiosity and commitment to learn
- Collaboration and transparency
- Positivity and solution focused
- Independently motivated
- Commitment to the mission of the organization and our values
- Commitment to our guiding principles
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- CISSP/GIAC or other industry recognized certifications
- Experience working on a globally distributed team
- Experience with remote work and/or async work
- Experience with volunteer communities and open source software development
- Experience with open source and / or non-profit work
Note: If you believe yourself to be a good fit but do not meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. Those identifying as experienced Security Generalists with Incident Response experience are also encouraged to apply.
About the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit organization that operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge freely. We host Wikipedia and the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive.
The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive donations from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (415) 839-6885.
U.S. Benefits & Perks
News from across the Wikimedia movement
Our Commitment to Equity
This is Wikimedia Foundation
Our Tech Stack