100% Remote – Hiring in the US and Canada only
At Urbint, our mission is to build a world with zero safety incidents. We do this by pairing external data with artificial intelligence to identify areas of high risk and prevent catastrophic loss for utilities and infrastructure operators across the country.
First and foremost, you will be doing work that matters. At Urbint, we literally save lives. As an Incident Management Engineer, you will be the driving force of stability across Urbints’s products and help to ensure you resolve critical issues immediately. You’ll be a key member of the implementation team who will manage the most critical outages. When an issue is raised, you’ll be the first to respond, triage, troubleshoot, and coordinate ideal resolution.
You are an excellent communicator, collaborator, and of course – troubleshooter. You are agile and adept at utilizing these skills in fast-paced and high-stakes environments. You are able to parse technical details quickly and know when to ask for help when you need it.
Whatever the issue is, you ensure it gets resolved at a high bar as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Who you are:
- The ideal candidate should have a degree in Computer science/Management Information Systems/Science/Engineering/Math/Physics or other technical field.
- Experience with scripting, integrations, automation, or data analysis
- Experience with GIS/Esri, GCS is a plus
- Comfort working in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and make decisions under minimal direction, as well as collaborate as part of a team.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a deep understanding of Urbint’s product and client ecosystem.
- Collaborate with customer-facing, product, and infrastructure teams on the development and deployment of scalable, reliable software solutions for our customers.
- Diagnose, resolve, and prevent issues encountered in the field.
- Own and resolve problems and manage customer expectations throughout the Service Request lifecycle in accordance with company standards
- Reduce the operational overhead of responding to critical incidents at Urbint through investments in tooling, process, and automation.
- Work towards, adopting and contributing to new processes and tools (Datadog, diagnostic methodology, health checks, scripting tools, etc.
- Take part in a 24/7 on-call rotation responsible for coordinating Urbint’s response to mission-critical incidents, ensuring efficient resolution with minimal customer impact.
- Manage and resolve Service Requests logged by customers (internal and external) on Urbint products & services and contribute to proactive support activities according to product support strategy and model
- Participate in proactive knowledge and continuous improvement activities.
- Work with the implementation & product teams to improve programs (testing, BETA programs etc) as required.
- Support minor customer fixes or enhancement. Examples include API or data ingestion changes
- Mission Driven – Some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks, we seek to make our communities safer and more resilient
- We are 100% Distributed – work from almost anywhere
- Competitive compensation packages
- Your health and wellness matters to us, so we offer 100% employer-paid premium options and more…
- Physical Health: Monthly wellness reimbursement to assist with gym memberships and other related activities
- Home Office Reimbursement: Monthly allowance covering utilities (electric, internet) and related home office expenses
- Co-Working: Monthly allowance covering expenses for co-working space
- Professional Development: Generous annual allowance, supporting your growth
- Employee Meals: Weekly lunch allowance
Urbint’s Core Values
- Passionate about customers: We strive to deliver sustainable value and exceed expectations, and we’re not satisfied until our customers are raving fans.
- Be decisive: We make timely, informed, and pragmatic decisions to keep the organization moving forward.
- Build trust: Our values are the building blocks to trust. As we live them, we grow and build lasting relationships.
- Focus on impact: We measure and strive to continuously improve our real-world impact.
- Be tenacious: We are agile in our approach to addressing challenges but firm in our beliefs.
- Win together: We efficiently leverage our diverse skills and perspectives for one another, united by our shared vision.
We are going through a transformation and searching for talented people with unique backgrounds and profiles. This role is ideal for mid-career to senior level candidates. If you do not meet all of the requirements for this role, we encourage you to apply to be considered for future opportunities on the Implementation team. We look forward to hearing from you!
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.