Swiftly is a mission-driven company and the first Connected Transit Platform that helps transit agencies improve their service reliability, passenger information, and operational efficiency. Over 115 transit agencies in 8 countries partner with Swiftly today and we touch over 1.7 billion transit trips per year. Agencies that partner with Swiftly are able to improve on-time performance by up to 40% and increase passenger information accuracy by up to 50%. The result is increased ridership, fewer passenger complaints, and more reliable transit operations.
About The Implementations Team
The Implementations team is a part of the broader Customer Success organization at Swiftly, working to ensure customers are happy and finding immense value in the tools that Swiftly provides. We’re on the front line, being the first points of contact for customers that have questions, are encountering issues, or need more support. When problems arise, we ensure that individual customers are listened to and that their issues are cared for, and we apply a keen analytical eye to spot trends and communicate problems in proactive ways with the product team. We are passionate about improving mobility in the communities we serve, and we work side by side with transit agencies and operators to ensure their projects are impactful. We love the human aspect of our work and thrive on getting creative to solve problems or boost network performance. The Customer Success org is responsible for everything post-sale, and the Implementations team is a critical part of starting our customers on the right foot.
About the Role
Swiftly now has contracts with over 110 transit agencies, meaning we get many questions, comments, and other inquiries every day. As an Implementations Manager, you will be responsible for owning onboarding and training of all new customers. Swiftly now has contracts with over 100 transit agencies around the world, and each new customer needs an Implementation Manager to guide them through the successful set-up of Swiftly’s products. As an Implementation Manager, you will be responsible for owning onboarding and training of all new customers and setting them up for success from Day 1.
In this role, we’ll expect this person to manage both software-only implementations, as well as those that involve the project-management of installation and/or data integration of various onboard hardware components. Those components include, but are not limited to: APC sensors, AVA equipment, GPS/AVL equipment, wifi routers, onboard cameras, and more.
g them up for success from Day 1.
Even though Swiftly’s HQ office is located in San Francisco, CA, we are open to candidates in all locations across the U.S. as well as Ontario, Canada. At this time we are unable to provide Visa sponsorship. #LI-Remote
- Project-manage the implementation of Swiftly’s products for newly-signed customers with some of the following, but not limited to, qualities and needs: Agencies of varying sizes, from big to small, rural to urban, getting software-only products; Agencies of varying sizes getting a mix of hardware and software components, all of which need to be project-managed to successful completion.
- Partner with Customer Success Managers, Solutions Architect, and our customers to understand the scope of the project, create a timeline, and drive the implementation through to successful completion.
- Manage timelines and dependencies with customers, partners and vendors (when needed), and the Swiftly team for projects that vary in complexity.
- Act as the primary point of contact with customers, partnering with the Customer Success Manager during the onboarding/implementation phase.
- Investigate and solve complicated questions about data and Swiftly’s tools
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product Management, and other cross-functional peers on specific user-impacting issues
- Lead training sessions for our customers to help them get value out of Swiftly’s products and accomplish their core strategic goals.
- Assist transit agencies to achieve their transit initiative goals with the Swiftly platform.
- Understand and prioritize transit agency technology needs to ensure the features and tools developed to deliver value to our customers.
- Drive heavy adoption on the Swiftly platform while helping customers meet their goals and achieve value.
- You have 1-3 years experience working as a project manager, project engineer, implementation manager/consultant, or similar role at a software company or public entity.
- Nice-to-have experience: demonstrated experience managing hardware and software components in a single deployment project, ideally in the public transit industry.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and vendors for one project, holding them accountable to responsibilities and timelines, and driving each project to
- You love a fast-paced environment, can iterate quickly, and are comfortable diving into all-new kinds of projects.
- You love the “startup mentality” –which comes with the ability to take ownership of new processes, be empowered with the autonomy to drive your own projects, and build new and exciting operations for the team.
- You’re comfortable and experienced with agile project management.
- You’re comfortable sometimes “diving into the unknown”, sharing learnings and iterating as you go.
- You’re an independent, resourceful problem-solver.
- You are passionate about mobility, sustainability, or mission-oriented projects that have a significant real-world impact.
- You hear challenges from others and have a burning desire to solve them. You stay calm and seek creative ways to deliver solutions.
- Nice-to-have experience: Professional project management certification (PMP or equivalent)