Timescale is hiring an Implementation Engineer for our growing, international team! The right candidate will be comfortable providing deep technical assistance in implementing data models and schemas in a variety of customer architectures and situations. You should have deep experience with implementing relational databases (PostgreSQL is a strong plus!) and must quickly gain a detailed understanding of TimescaleDB, and how to use its advanced features to set customers up for success. You should have a “can do it” attitude, where helping the user comes first. Timescale is a remote-first organization; this is a full-time position with a preferred location in any US time zone in North America or Brazil.
What You Will Do:
- Be integrated into customer teams, helping them execute, and succeed as they get started with Timescaledb on our hosted platforms.
- Work with our Data Architects and customers to put together a plan for schema, compression, continuous aggregates, and how to integrate those features into their existing workflows.
- Have one or two-week remote engagements with customers helping them start using Timescaledb with their existing application stacks.
- Help develop educational content based on customer needs and desires.
- Be curious, always willing to learn, and always looking for ways to improve our products, processes, and culture.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience.
- Relational DB experience at scale: administration, data modeling, query optimization
- Experience as a technical support professional, Technical Account Manager, Solutions Architect, Consultant, or similar role with external customers and deep integration work with their systems.
- Strong aptitude for understanding and learning new software products.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to express complex technical concepts to a varied audience.
- A thorough and holistic approach to data platforms, data analysis, and infrastructure.
Other Things that Will Help:
- Be familiar with TimescaleDB! You should download and test it out before you apply.
- Familiarity with broad cloud computing concepts and experience with AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Experience with Relational databases, NoSQL databases, data modeling tools, ETL Pipelines, and data lifecycle management.
- Familiarity with Postgresql, including best practices, Query Plan analysis, backup/restore, migrations, etc
- A strong sense of curiosity and a willingness to wade into the unknown and learn as you go.
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global🌎 workforce and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.
Working at Timescale🐯
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us 🤝.
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets 🍗, sweating it out during lunch 💦, talking about your kids, whether they be actual children 👶🏽, potted plants 🪴, or four-legged creatures 🐾? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Summer Fridays off in August ☀️
- Full remote work from anywhere
- Stock options
- Monthly WiFi stipend
- Professional development & educational benefits
- Premium insurance options for you and your family (US employees)
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans (US employees)
- 401(k) retirement plan (US employees)