Fundrise offers a wonderful in-person environment at our Washington, DC headquarters if that’s what you are looking for as well as a fully-remote option, including company-paid access to WeWork, from any location in the United States.
Our mission at Fundrise is to allow everyone access to a technology driven, diversified portfolio of institutional-quality real estate. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $2.4 billion from investors in all 50 states and has been honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies and the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies. We’ve also been recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
Fundrise is looking for an HR Business Partner to join our growing People Team and support our Engineering and Technology organization. In this role, you will work collaboratively with senior leadership and their teams to solve organizational challenges through people-related solutions that will enable us to scale for hyper growth. You should be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and engaging hands-on with individuals and teams, as well as operating strategically with leadership teams. You will help identify opportunities to drive our goals forward and enable high performance, focusing on key priorities including performance management, engagement, coaching, career development planning, and employee relations. We are looking for someone who is able to balance competing priorities to facilitate the best decisions for employees and the business in an environment of ambiguity and rapid change.
- Partner with senior leaders and their teams to develop the talent strategy needed to support our tremendous growth, and build a work environment where employees can thrive and grow.
- Function as a consultant and counselor to senior leaders and their teams and engage in strategic planning meetings to translate business needs into HR plans.
- Provide expertise in career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs, and strategic development.
- Provide strategic partnership and mentorship to employees and people managers at all levels to positively impact the motivation, development, and retention of talent.
- Collaborate with all areas of the People organization to deliver an aligned, effective people-centric approach to your partner organizations.
- Provide guidance on employee relations matters and conduct investigations as needed.
- Ensure policies, practices, and programs are administered in an equitable and consistent manner.
- 8 years of progressive HR / People Operations experience
- 5 years as a HR / People Partner or equivalent experience
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills with the ability to build trust at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to create, implement and measure end-to-end people programs.
- Experience with organizational design and effectiveness, change management, performance management, leadership coaching, and learning and development.
- Experience supporting/partnering with Engineering / Technology organizations.
- Demonstrated success in a high-growth organization.
- Strong judgment and employee relations experience.
- A thorough understanding of HR practices, including employment law and regulations.
- Demonstrated achievements in coaching, influencing and problem solving.
Benefits at Fundrise
• Great medical, dental, and vision insurance with coverage of 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, dependent care, and parking
• 401(k) with 3% contributed by Fundrise, regardless of whether you are actively contributing yourself
• Fully covered life insurance and short-term disability
• Significant equity via our employee stock grant program
• Company-paid access to WeWork
• Gympass benefit including mental health resources
• Udemy license for on-demand continuous learning content
• Quarterly Book Initiative to select two books from a curated list related to a different topic each quarter
• Flexible PTO
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid parental leave