Mode is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done remotely due to COVID-19. All new and existing Mode employees will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, you will have the choice to work from our office in SF or from home.
Data-driven companies win. We’ve built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for Analysts and Data Scientists. As we’ve grown, an increasingly broad audience—people on teams from Finance to Operations, Marketing to Engineering, and everything in between—has begun to use Mode to collaborate with analysts and use data in everyday decisions. For our 600+ customers, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
As a Growth Account Manager, you will lead the charge to drive growth and expansion for designated Growth customers. You’ll approach growth in your customers as a consultative thought partner, focusing on customer value and needs to drive mutually beneficial commercial outcomes. You’ll partner closely with Customer Success Associates to optimize growth in your assigned accounts, charting the prioritized opportunities and working plans to achieve expansion targets.
What you’ll do:
- Be a Consultative Partner: Use data and effectively navigate customer stakeholders, expanding relationships through a consultative approach to identify strategic opportunities within your accounts
- Drive Growth through Customer Value: Evangelize the value of Mode and articulate the customer value through your accounts to drive commercial expansion and growth opportunities. Own renewal and expansion opportunities for assigned accounts.
- Serve as a Trusted Partner: Bring deep curiosity and thought leadership to expand relationships and rally stakeholders through exceptional business acumen and a consultative sales approach
- Collaborate to Solve Problems: Work cross-functionally with Customer Success team and other organizations to escalate patterns in customer needs and blockers to growth.
What we look for
- Proven track record of expanding relationships in high-growth accounts
- Experience handling and closing negotiations for contracts ~$10-50k (new business, renewals, expansions)
- Experience in a customer-facing role managing stakeholders in sales, customer success, or account management
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build trusted relationships with stakeholders in various functions and levels
- Consultative approach to defining opportunities with customers to map, measure, and achieve successful commercial outcomes
- Passion for helping customers solve problems with technology
- Track record of overachieving revenue growth goals
- Strong desire to learn and curiosity to understand how things work
- Entrepreneurial approach to owning responsibilities with strong accountability to delivering outcomes
- Advanced technical aptitude and ability to deeply understand Mode’s product, the analytics industry, and the value of modern approaches to working with data
- Alignment with Mode’s values
- Bonus: Experience in the data and analytics space
- Bonus: Knowledge of SQL, R, and/or Python
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we’re building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules — we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee’s discretionary professional growth — Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it’s helping take your career to the next level, it’s on us.
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team’s passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
The compensation range for this role is $100,000-130,000 OTE to be determined by level. #BI-Remote