Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US. We welcome applicants from all 50 states. Employees based in the San Francisco area also have the option to work out of our office as desired.
We’ve built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for Analysts and Data Scientists. As we’ve grown, an increasingly broad audience—people on teams from Finance to Operations, Marketing to Engineering, and everything in between—has begun to use Mode to collaborate with analysts and use data in everyday decisions. For our 500+ customers, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
Mode values design as an integral part of our product vision: we believe in building a team of designers who complement each other, have the desire to deeply understand the people we design for, and the expertise to execute on that understanding. As a Product Designer at Mode, you will partner with your team to drive projects from inception, to launch, to iteration. You will contribute a unique perspective that directly shapes the product and company.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate across a small product team to drive solutions from discovery to launch
- Deeply understand the motivations and workflows of data scientists through user research and conversations
- Tell stories through wireframes and sketches of how people will interact with our products and features
- Help inform the product experience from overarching flows down to the micro-interactions
- Contribute to Mode’s design system and improve and evolve our visual design language
What we look for:
- You’re excited about the prospect of working with other designers, product managers and engineers
- You’re a steward for design excellence with a high level of craft in both visual and interaction design, which you demonstrate in a detailed portfolio
- You have experience using data to understand the impact of your design decisions
- You’re self-directed and know when to embrace ambiguity – you enjoy being in a situation where you don’t know the answer, and are driven to try and figure it out, even if it means failing or asking for help
- Bonus: You have experience designing data visualizations or running qualitative user research and usability studies
- You’re aligned with Mode Values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we’re building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team’s passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
The compensation range for this role is $112,500-150,000 to be determined by level. #BI-Remote