Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We’re hiring a Gaming Reporter!
Why it matters: We are looking for a talented journalist and subject matter expert to co-author Axios’ popular newsletter covering the gaming industry and gaming culture. In addition to their newsletter, this person will also break news and create conceptual coverage on and around this new beat. A successful candidate for this job will be well sourced in the tech industry, specifically as it relates to gaming, and eager to help lead one of Axios’ newest areas of news coverage.
Go deeper: This person will be responsible for collaborating closely with newsroom leaders to drive groundbreaking coverage. This person will ideally represent Axios on different media outlets and drive the conversation with conceptual scoops and trend stories.
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to break stories, spot trends for longer-range coverage, and convey contextual meaning to developments on the beat. Ideal candidates will also have the following skills:
- A deep understanding of the gaming landscape
- A passion for tech and gaming coverage and trends
- Exceptional writing abilities and journalistic instincts
- Able to drive the conversation with scoops and trend stories
- Ability to collaborate closely and effectively with internal and external audiences
- Positive attitude and ability to thrive in high pressure news environment
- A commitment to building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment
- A belief in Smart Brevity as the core writing style of Axios
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.