Woven Planet is building mobility for a safer, happier and sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven Planet innovates and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on automated driving, smart cities, robotics and more, we build on Toyota’s legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Automation that originated to increase the efficiency of daily activities has evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Now, we are looking to the next 100 years and to extending that dream for a better life for all people from cars to smart cities.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. The complementary strengths enable us to optimize safety, advance clean energy and elevate well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
To build towards this future we need maps, but not just any maps. We need high-definition maps at a global scale that stay up-to-date with the ever-changing world. The Automated Mapping Platform team is taking on this vital work by building crowd-sourced software to enable high-precision localization and sustainable access to multi-layered data that will allow vehicles to stay connected. Our revolutionary business model will support mobility that is both scalable and sustainable, positioning Woven Planet as the world’s largest provider of up-to-date HD maps.
To support our endeavors, we’re looking for exceptional engineering talent to add to our Vehicle Data Management team that is focused on developing reliable, intuitive web services (APIs, browser-based tools, efficient databases) to support next generation maps for autonomous vehicles.
Your opportunities will include planning, executing, and monitoring your own projects, as well as working alongside small groups of colleagues to achieve our goals. We encourage you to use your experience to bring your own ideas to the table, and to seek out opportunities to learn new skills. Success will be achieved by demonstrating your ability to deliver well-tested features that make a meaningful, metric-driven contribution to our overall output.
NOTE: If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – please apply! Skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
- You will create and improve software services to serve world-scale high-definition map data to autonomous vehicle application developers
- You will design, build and maintain scalable APIs for consuming mapping and event data.
- You will work closely with engineers in cross-functional teams to resolve issues related to quality, cost, time, and responsibility
- You will educate those around you to the ways of good coding practices
- You will build and maintain APIs with both internal and external clients
- You will introduce and iterate upon web-based user interfaces
- You will suggest, test, and determine the best datastore for each application
- You will monitor our applications using standard third-party tools
- You will write unit and integration tests to cover your new code
- You will help our team grow by engaging others in conversation and noting where we’ve succeeded, and failed
To be considered for this role, a candidate should meet all of the following (required)
- You have recognition of the importance of unit testing and an understanding of its role
- You have understanding of SQL and how efficient queries are achieved
- You have ample experience debugging live applications
- You have perception of how scale will affect various aspects of an application
Be sure to mention if you have any of the following optional, but relevant experience
- You have degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- You have built applications using React or Vue
- You have developed application utilizing a NoSQL database
- You have setup applications for continuous integration/continuous delivery
- You have produced/visualized metrics to guide decision making
- You have experience deploying on AWS
- You have designed/improved web-based UI/UX
Benefits & Perks:
We’re committed to creating an environment where you thrive personally and professionally. Our benefits are crafted to support your well-being on a number of levels and include:
Attractive cash compensation package
Competitive compensation package
Company sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match
Generous paid, parental leave (26 weeks for Birthing Mothers | 18 weeks for Non-birthing parents)
Generous benefits package including premium health care plan
Toyota/Lexus Vehicle Leasing Program
We expect to return to office in a hybrid capacity that emphasizes flexible working norms and time-off
No state or city income taxes in our New York office as part of the START-UP NY program for new employees, nor in our Seattle office per Washington state laws
Backup child/elder care
Monthly home office stipend
Mental health and wellness program from Modern Health
Concierge Medical support by OneMedical
Short-term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Disability Insurance
In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
*This position is open to be US-remote, but candidates residing in the greater Seattle or NYC areas are strongly preferred.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.