We started Super to help maximize lives–both the lives of our customers and the lives of our employees– so that everyone can experience all that life has to offer. For our employees, our promise is that Super is more than just a job; it’s an opportunity to unlock one’s potential, where learning is celebrated and impact is realized.
We are more than a fast-paced, high-growth tech company; we care about our people and take career progression seriously. This is your career and our aim is to supercharge it through the people, the work, and the programs that fuel who we are.
About this team
Super engineering has four full-stack product development focus areas: fintech, travel, eCommerce, and a superapp to unite them all. Between them, our dozens of microservices handle 1000s of requests per second, ingest over 1TB of data per day and process over $1MM per day in sales, while maintaining a 99.9+% uptime. We have 80 engineers across our teams and our biggest selling point is our focus on supporting our engineers’ career growth, whether that’s as a technical contributor or people leader. As an engineer in our product development org you will work closely with PMs, Designers, QA and work in an agile, fast-paced environment (that respects work/life balance).
About this role
As a full-stack engineer you will be a key technical contributor on our teams. You will tackle technical challenges the team faces spanning both frontend and backend web development work. This will include building features for our fintech, travel, eCommerce, and/or superapp products along with the engines and frameworks that power them. You will predominantly work with React on the frontend, and a combination of Python and Node microservices on the backend. Other technologies you’ll work with include Gitlab, AWS, Postgres, Redis, Datadog, Amplitude, and Snowflake. You will report into an Engineering Manager. From a Software Engineer you may grow on the IC track into a Senior Software Engineer, and from there into a Staff Software Engineer or Engineering Manager.
- Ship projects end-to-end in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Have the opportunity to very meaningfully propel the business forward, and experience the impact of your work on the company’s business metrics and user experience
- Own features, services, caches, and databases, including: deployment, monitoring, debugging, and testing
- Participate in cross-functional team projects, work with external stakeholders, and help shape the roadmap for future team projects
- Be data-driven and close to the customer, conducting experiments for nearly everything you launch
- 2+ years of professional working experience in software development, including 1+ years of Python or Node on the backend, and 1+ years working with a modern frontend JS framework (ex. React, Vue, Angular)
- Experience working with web services / modern web technologies
- We’re looking for highly-motivated self starters who share our excitement for growth and impact
- Willing and able to work with both backend and frontend parts of the stack, though the proportion of time spent doing each will be influenced by the candidate’s interests
- Interested in building products in a startup environment: moving quickly, being data-driven, wearing multiple hats, continuously learning
- Strong communicator, and able to thrive on an agile team, contributing to: standups, sprint ceremonies, and quarterly project planning, and working with various internal and external stakeholders
- Highly motivated, have a strong sense of ownership, and are able to drive projects end-to-end
Nice to have
- Working experience across a breadth of our infrastructure, languages and stacks (React, Python, Node, Gitlab, AWS, Docker, Postgres, Redis, Datadog, Amplitude, and Snowflake)
- SQL / analytics know-how, and experienced with devops concepts
- Experience in a startup environment
- Worked closely with business stakeholders
- Experience writing end-to-end/browser based tests
We’ve got you covered
- Competitive salary packages, equity options, great benefits from day one, wellness budgets, as well as personal and team-level development budgets
- We are remote first – you have the flexibility to work from around the world and the hours that make sense for you– so that you can do your best work while living life on your own terms
- Other perks include: unlimited PTO, recharge days, travel discounts on SuperTravel, Weekly UberEats credit, annual company offsite
- We welcome new family additions with generous parental leave and a flexible return-to-work plan
- This is just scratching the surface – check out our careers site for a more detailed overview of our perks & benefits