The ocean is critical to human and planetary health —but ocean health is in rapid and accelerating decline. We believe that we have the responsibility —and ability —to act.
Running Tide is a global ocean health company. Our fast-growing, multidisciplinary teams of world-class scientists, engineers, and maritime operators, design and implement interventions that rebalance Earth’s carbon cycle, decarbonize global supply chains, restore marine ecosystems, and revitalize coastal communities. Our corporate operations, business development, communications, and policy teams support Running Tide’s front-line workers in scaling our interventions to tackle humanity’s most urgent challenges: restoring ocean health and combating climate change.
Running Tide is looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our Verification Software team. This is a remote position in the U.S., but preference will be given to those located on the East Coast.
- Contribute to Running Tide’s efforts to quantify how much CO2 our systems remove, and iteratively improve that quantification process
- Work closely with our scientists, engineers, and operations partners to measure inputs and monitor the impact of our work
- Build frontend applications for visualizing our carbon removal process
- A desire to fight climate change
- 5+ years of experience writing production-level code
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of a concept and develop it to a functional solution
- Familiarity with our tech stack – Front end: React / Backend: TypeScript, NodeJs, Express, Restful, Postgres / Infrastructure: GCP, DataDog, CircleCI
- UI design sense demonstrated by a portfolio of work
- Worked as part of a distributed team
- Worked with sensors
- Worked with infrastructure and logging
- Experiencing building one or more of the following: business operations software or accounting software; APIs and UIs.