Since experience comes in many forms, and imposter syndrome is real, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t think you check every box. Many skills are transferable and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
At Novi, our mission is to enable the future of consumer product development for a healthier people and planet.
We are building the marketplace that enables diligence, discovery and purchasing of better raw materials for all consumer goods. The opportunity is vast ($1.5T market in consumer product development) and while we started in the wellness and personal care category, we are growing to serve a broader set of markets, including food, household cleaning, and more.
We’re looking for people to be part of our journey in enabling the future of consumer product development. Our company is led by Kimberly Shenk, is well funded by top-tier VC firms, and has seen exponential growth and traction. If you are interested in realizing our mission and building the future of the chemical industry, we would love to hear from you.
What We’re Looking For
Novi is building a data platform to help consumer brands understand their products and ingredients, and a marketplace to help brands purchase ingredients from suppliers. The industry we’re tackling is fragmented and complicated, so we are looking for someone who is excited about understanding complex systems and distilling them into intuitive solutions that serve multiple personas.
In this role, you will help shape Novi’s product and strategy. You will lead design direction across the company working with team members in product, engineering, content strategy, research and customer success.
Our business is thriving, our customer base continues to grow, and we believe the impact of this role will fuel our company to grow in unprecedented ways. As our founding designer, you’ll design and shape the core experience of our platform and create the foundation for Novi to build upon for years to come.
- Own the design strategy end-to-end, including product design and brand
- Design the core product and experience, thinking creatively and pushing the boundaries of the way things have been
- Partner with Product on research, ideation, product strategy, and building an unmatched user experience
- Help establish and evolve an internal design system
- Build and champion a design-oriented way of working and thinking across the team
- Work closely with engineers to execute on designs and ship a high quality product
- A design generalist that is resourceful – if you don’t know the answer, you know how to find out!
- Deep experience designing and building products with a track record of shipping
- Strong product intuition and a love for building product
- Love the learning and iteration cycle of early-stage startups
- Creative and a big thinker – you love challenging the status quo!
- Deeply curious about the industry and our users
- Think with scale and the system in mind
- A passion for sustainability and for human, planet, and animal health
Life at Novi
One of Novi’s core values is “whole people” and we believe in self care and bringing our best selves to work. Novi’s early team comes from a diverse set of backgrounds and domains, and we will continue to foster diversity and inclusion, since it is critical to achieving our mission. Come join us in building the future of consumer product development.
Unlimited vacation time
Monthly team-building activities (the fun kind!)
Monthly flexible spend on PerkUp, covering anything from your cell phone bill to meals on Postmates
Remote hardware setup and WFH stipend
Robust paid parental/foster/adoption leave
Competitive salary, benefits and equity packages for all employees