About the Company
Arcules is changing the video surveillance market and moving customers to a smarter, more reliable cloud-based solution. Our company is a technology spin-out of Canon Inc. and has seed technology from the Milestone video surveillance division. We are targeting mid-market enterprises looking to interconnect their business locations. Our technology brings video and smart building elements together and our analytics help customers make more informed decisions. Our go-to-market strategy leverages systems integration companies to get our solutions to end customers.
Overview of the Job
We are looking for a seasoned Field Application Engineer (FAE). The ideal candidate has their finger on the pulse of the customer’s business and helps uncover key problems and look for early adopters to embrace our products and create success. We are seeking someone who can take the lead on technical knowledge of a wide range of network infrastructure, security and cloud technologies. This is an opportunity to mix technical product capability with high levels of technical sales experience to be the dominant voice in customer discussions. Our unique solution will exercise your ability to move customers’ mindset on how video surveillance can be a business tool. We are a young company working to shape the market with a modern IT view. We are looking for a technical, customer-facing individual that will develop and position Arcules Video Cloud IoT-as-a-Service solutions. Product demonstrations, presentations and conference call discussions are a critical part of this position. This includes technical analysis and consultation to ensure Arcules cloud solutions will adequately meet customer needs. During the qualification process, confirm that products meet requirements and assist partners with the technical qualification. Throughout the proposal process, articulate and demonstrate Arcules solutions, influence customer’s technical requirements, and position products relative to competition.
The employee must be Japanese/ English bilingual and located in the Kanto area or US-based and willing to work JST. They should have a TOEFL score above 20 in all proficiencies.
- Drive transparency and trust with the customer without force fit solutions; and identify gaps in our product offering to develop the next opportunity.
- Bridge the gap between pre-sales and post-sales support, working with customers’ technical teams to ensure successful implementations. You will own your customers, discovering their pain points and helping them get the most value from their system.
- Be the technical expert on emerging solutions. Must possess deep knowledge of integrated systems and technologies as well as customer requirements and use cases.
- Identify and work with early adopters and have excellent analytical skills to determine impact of new features on existing systems and recommend the right solution implemented for our customers.
- Support all aspects of our buyer’s journey, including initial customer conversations, joint planning on complex projects, coordinate launch plans and technical requirements for any planned joint demos or in-sales training seminars and hands-on training of our newest technologies.
- Understand the nuances of each project, be able to manage the project timeline and deliverables, and incorporate the expertise of other engaged departments to successfully complete the projects.
- Provide the high level technical expertise to effectively respond to RFI and RFP.
- Engage with technology partners and customers to identify gaps in offerings as well as plan/lead development efforts.
- Support hands-on field demonstrations with both customers and partners to test and validate, deploy pilot installations and proof of concept setups.
- Work with the product team to enhance the demo experience to convey the value of our product and improve usability and interactivity.
- Partner with cross-functional departments on new enhancements and features, provide customer insights and feedback to improve our existing functionality.
- Customer focused with strong analytical skills and excellent written/verbal skills to communicate and disseminate technical information.
- 5+ years sales engineering or customer-facing experience in IT, Physical Security or SaaS
- Knowledge in Network+, CCENT, CCNA, CCNP
- Experience in L2 and L3 networking, subnetting, routing, VLANs, DHCP, DNS, NTP, VPN, NAT, firewalls, switching, structured cabling
- Advanced technical knowledge in networking within Enterprise environments
- Experience with configuration and troubleshooting of Linux, macOS and Windows Operating Systems
- Bachelor’s degree in technical / engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience with Video Management Systems
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with IP cameras incl. codecs, compression and video analytics
- Experience with access control systems and related technologies