Wunder is building a Modern Energy Company.
We were founded with one simple vision: to address the greatest crisis of our generation by accelerating the deployment of solar energy. In doing so, we help businesses, municipalities, and schools save money by delivering clean on-site power. We convert simple warehouses into electrified industrial platforms built for the future. We enable the nation’s leading commercial and industrial real estate firms to capture the benefits of solar across their properties. We align ESG goals with revenue targets, and the renewable energy assets we’re deploying today will power America’s tomorrow.
Wunder currently holds more than $1 billion in solar assets under management and capital commitments. Our team has evaluated more than 10,000 properties for solar across all 50 states. Our average solar system – about 480 kilowatts in size – can offset 350,000 pounds of coal burned each year of system operation!
We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced project management professional to join our team to manage the execution of all activities involved throughout the solar development process. Our team is rapidly acquiring commercial customers and developing solar across the country, so we’re looking for an exceptional executor who can lead a team in delivering on a subset of our growing pipeline with the highest levels of efficiency and organization.
Specifically, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of solar development projects against a specific set of goals and outcomes, and ensuring all of the details involved in achieving these targets are completed efficiently and effectively. Your day-to-day will include, but is not limited to, prioritizing solar development project workstreams, leading members of a cross-functional team to complete various activities in the development process, optimizing resource allocation and project timelines, and making decisions to unblock the development of commercial solar projects.
You’ll go beyond a traditional project management role as you will also bring standardization into the untapped sub-megawatt commercial and industrial market by leveraging Wunder’s industry-leading technology platform.
If you get excited about wrangling details, unlocking the untapped commercial and industrial solar market, joining a team designed for hyper-growth, and building an organization aimed at saving the world, then this is the role for you.
- You Have Project Management Experience – You have 6+ years of managing complex projects and have a proven track record of getting all the miscellaneous details across the finish line. You’ve managed multiple projects concurrently and enjoy taking the initiative to reduce risk and get ahead of problems before they impact project timelines. No stone is ever left unturned and every member of your team knows what’s happening, why it’s happening, and when it needs to be done.
- You’re a Decision Maker – You have a track record of making decisions that have had significant ramifications for your projects or team, and can point to successes as well as failures. You’re also attuned to when decisions require either cross functional or leadership alignment, and have been the driver on a number of occasions for achieving alignment quickly and effectively.
- You’re a Complex Problem Solver – In an industry where people are constantly stuck, you find ways to get it done. You know how to articulate and roll out solutions, recognizing there are many solutions to the same problem. You find new and effective ways to streamline and you’re confident that there’s always a way forward, even if it feels like you’re running into a brick wall.
- You’re Detail-Oriented – You’re meticulous and take a “zero error” approach to problem solving and deliverables. You go the extra mile to ensure all the details to achieve milestones are taken care of on time and on budget. You know what step each of your projects are on and you are able to quickly shift from discussing one project to discussing the next – the details align themselves in your brain like a beautifully curated filing system.
- You’re an Inventor – You enjoy identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing new, out of the box ideas that result in increased outcomes and unique solutions to intricate problems. You have a preference for thinking creatively about the challenge at hand and approach problem solving with first principles. You’re not afraid to give a creative idea a try to see if it works, even if it ends as a learning experience/failure.
- You’re a Quick Learner – In short, you download information like a sponge. You are able to quickly understand the nuances of business models, industries and role requirements. You are an excellent question asker, take action to deeply understand the projects you’re working on and you handle ambiguity well. You’re energized by digging deep into the details of the industry and are able to synthesize information quickly and succinctly.
- Superior Communication Skills – You recognize that different people have different communication styles; you know how to meet each person in their medium and speak their language. You are able to explain complicated concepts in a variety of ways, to ensure everyone understands and is up to speed. From junior employees to C-level executives, you’re comfortable in whatever situation you find yourself working with.
- You’re Quantitative – You’re able to think quantitatively about projects structures and economics in order to make decisions about what maximizes value for clients while minimizing risk for Wunder. While you won’t be expected to do the financial modeling in this role, you should be able to understand the models and think critically about the levers you can pull to optimize returns for Wunder and its clients.
- You Have a Team Ethos – You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced rapid-growth environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re not just excited to work cross-functionally, you crave it.
- You’re Flexible, a Quick Responder – The problem we’re trying to solve as an organization is dynamic and each day brings fresh and exciting challenges. You can react quickly and efficiently when called upon to change or pivot.
- You Believe That No Problem is Too Hard – In an industry where people are constantly stuck, we find ways to get it done. You know how to articulate and roll out solutions, recognizing there are many solutions to the same problem. You find new and effective ways to streamline and create processes to increase efficiency.
Some Benefits To Look Forward To
Wunder provides one of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the planet – and that’s hard work! Your job impacts nearly every facet of your life, so we provide an extensive compensation and benefits package to ensure Wunder has a positive impact on your life, both personally and professionally.
SALARY & EQUITY
The base salary range for this role is $117,000 – $256,000 per year, plus equity in the form of stock options. Wunder determines the successful candidate’s compensation package throughout the interview process based on experience and expertise, and the final compensation package will be discussed with the candidate during the final stages of the interview process.
BENEFITS & PTO
Wunder truly cares about your happiness and well-being, so we strive to ensure our benefits offerings are of top quality. We offer the following benefits to all team members:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental & vision insurance for all team members
- 50% employer-paid medical, dental & vision insurance for dependents
- Employer-paid short-term disability, long-term disability & life insurance
- 401k Matching (50% match up to 4% of your base salary)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Dependent Care FSA
- Up to 14 weeks fully paid Parental Leave for childbearing parents; 6 weeks fully paid Parental Leave for non-childbearing parents
- 11 paid holidays & unlimited PTO
Wunder believes connecting with your team members is instrumental to job satisfaction and your ability to solve complex problems. As a hybrid organization, facilitating opportunities that support team cohesion is more important than ever! You’ll find our hybrid team taking coffee walks or collaborating on Zoom, while also cycling, hiking, climbing, skiing, camping, and dining all over our mile-high home: Colorado. Here are some of the ways we facilitate a flexible yet cohesive work environment:
- Unless otherwise specified within the job post, you can live wherever you’d like as long as you’re located within the U.S.
- Flexible schedules, so you can pick your kids up after school or finally make it to your favorite yoga class
- A big, bright, funky office located in Downtown Boulder; in-office meals and a fully stocked kitchen
- Generous travel budget for remote team members (expect to travel to Boulder quarterly)
- Commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion through company principles, programs, and events (see below for even more details)
- In-person & virtual events, team offsites, and company retreats
- Annual professional development budget and unlimited book budget
- And so much more!
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION (DEI)
Wunder is focused on providing a happy, productive workplace, and we’re constantly improving it! We’re committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive workplace in which all team members have an opportunity to contribute to the success of our mission. At Wunder, people are valued for their skills, experiences, and diverse perspectives, and we encourage all individuals to apply, even if they don’t check every box in the ‘About You’ section above.
Our commitment to equity is embodied in company policy, but it’s also evident every day in how we conduct business and the internal initiatives and programs we provide for our team. Here are some of the ways we strive to ensure everyone feels welcome, safe and free to be themselves at Wunder:
- A holistic, actionable DEI learning strategy that enables all team members to advance inclusivity in a meaningful way
- Inclusive, objective recruiting processes and partnerships with diverse candidate pools & organizations
- Monthly Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), events and initiatives focused on inclusivity
- Equitable Compensation Principles that ensure every team member is paid fairly and equitably
- An environment that values feedback, active listening, flexibility and open communication