About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Events Manager, with proven skills for keeping engagement levels high in a fast-paced environment and driving results through partnership, resourcefulness, and teamwork. This role will have a direct impact on Aurora’s long-term engagement goals through strategic partnerships with a variety of teams and stakeholders across the organization, budget management and optimization, and vendor management.
As the primary owner of events and experiences across the company, this role will require strong project management and events experience paired with excellent stakeholder management and creative instincts. You will be empowered to take full ownership in planning and managing a wide variety of events like team offsites and workshops, with a mixture of delivering on-site and remotely across the U.S. and Canada.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the creation, planning, and execution of virtual and in-person team events for Aurorans
- Support various committees on large-scale events and various projects across the company
- Communicate with venues and vendors and ensure all internal and external stakeholders are kept up-to-date on planning, schedules, and logistics
- Manage a group of culture ambassadors in various locations across the US & Canada to host regional, in-person events for our team members
- Provide structure & build out the events function as we continue to scale
- Actively participate and run strategy/forecast and event budget meetings
What we value:
- Strong ability to multi-task due to fast-paced business environment with proven ability to prioritize
- Ability to work independently and well under minimal supervision with experience managing both programs and people
- Excellent organizational, communication (both verbal and written), customer service, and client relationship management skills
- Tech savvy with exceptional problem-solving proficiency, sufficient industry knowledge
- Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally with a variety of stakeholders and personalities
- Creative and passionate about developing outstanding event experiences
- Ability to develop and implement event timelines and action plans developed in collaboration with cross-functional partners