Sensor Tower is looking for someone seeking their first role as a software developer who is motivated to grow as a back end, data-focused engineer. At Sensor Tower, you’ll be given the opportunity to put the computer science fundamentals to practical use by powering our live products used by thousands of customers around the world with actionable analytical data. You’ll also receive mentorship and support from highly experienced developers to develop your data engineering acumen.
We gather and process BIG amounts of data (tens of billions of rows) in order to deliver meaningful insights to our customers. With Sensor Tower’s strong culture, meaningful opportunities for mentorship and career advancement, and excellent track record of profitable growth, you’ll be empowered to launch a successful career in back end engineering.
We are a fully distributed, remote first company and at this time are only able to hire folks who reside in the following states: California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Mexico, New York, Texas, Utah and Washington.
What You Will Do
- Participate in the full software development life cycle, from design, to implementation, quality polish, and release
- Leverage your strengths and interests to enhance the back end of Sensor Tower’s mobile app analytics products by writing and maintaining APIs, data connectors, and integrations
- Develop and optimize high scale, high performance data aggregation and analysis pipelines
- Receive mentorship from senior and staff level software developers
- You should have a solid grasp of computer science fundamentals and the ability to write performant code that goes beyond basic implementations
- You have some experience working in Ruby
- You have a solid foundation of knowledge about working with databases
- You have an understanding of the basics of cloud environments, and ideally you’ve had some exposure to AWS
About Sensor Tower
Sensor Tower is a high-growth SaaS company that provides accurate, comprehensive, and customizable mobile market economy analytics to app developers, game developers, industry analysts and investors. Founded in 2013, Sensor Tower has grown from a $1M seed investment to being profitable and in 2020 we received a $42M growth investment from Riverwood Capital.
Why Sensor Tower?
Our flexible work environment allows employees to live in greater connection with the people, places, and activities they love!
Our benefits include:
– Flexible time off so employees can shape their time away from work.
– Health and wellness stipend to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle through physical and mental fitness.
– Monthly internet stipend and a one-time $500 home office stipend.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, and veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need, please do not hesitate to let us know and we’ll do our best to accommodate.