At Gainsight, our mission is to be living proof you can win in business while being human first.
Our industry-leading platform helps companies of all sizes and industries achieve durable growth through customer-led growth strategies (Gainsight CS), product-led growth strategies (Gainsight PX), and community-led growth strategies (inSided). With Gainsight, it’s never been easier for customer success, product, and community engagement teams to scale efficiently, create alignment, and have a holistic view of their customers—all of which help increase product adoption, prevent churn, and grow customer communities. Our software is used by hundreds of companies, including nearly 200 publicly traded organizations and industry leaders such as GE Digital, SAP Concur, and Box.
Gainsight joined the Vista Equity Partners portfolio in 2020. In 2021, we won their Excellence in Engineering award in recognition for our product and engineering advancements.
A remote-friendly company, we have offices in the US, UK, Netherlands, Israel, and India. Gainsight was certified as a Great Place to Work in 2021. It has also been named as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of our core values, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
The Enterprise Customer Success (Client Outcomes) Manager will be joining our Customer Success team for Gainsight PX responsible for delivering massive value to our customers. On a day to day basis, the COM is the single point of accountability for the customer all the way from adoption (after they come out of onboarding) to renewal, and advocacy:
- Set strategic direction in Client’s use of Gainsight PX to address business challenges via a prescriptive approach to Customer Success and Gainsight configuration best practices
- Facilitate setting outcomes and measurable objectives with the Client (“success criteria”)
- Hold Client and Gainsight accountable to delivering against success criteria
- Engage across the Client’s organization and work cross-functionally within Gainsight to identify opportunities and risks, and present recommendations & solutions
- Facilitates conversations with Clients through a variety of tactics, including Challenger methodology, to ensure the client is on track to seeing maximal value from the Gainsight PX product
- Ownership for outcomes including risk management and mitigation, client’s value realization, and Client & Gainsight’s mutual success
What You’ll Do
- Solutioning & Consulting – Build great customer relationship and set them up for success by:
- Understanding customer growth goals, strategies & initiatives, and establish Gainsight as a best in class product experience solution
- Recommending best practice use case of Gainsight PX based on understanding of customer’s business, use cases, success criteria for getting value, and data
- Comfortable working with Senior level Execs (Directos, VPs, etc from Product, Customer Success, Ops, and Marketing backgrounds)
- Being hands-on with the product to help the customers with “How-Tos”, recommendations, best practices, product knowledge, etc
- Outcomes and Risk Management – Leverage, and further develop Gainsight PX Best Practices/ Playbooks to:
- Drive adoption of Gainsight PX’s product features to maximize value provided
- Remain up to date on Gainsight PX’s product features and developed use cases to drive customers to best practice standards
- Proactively manage, and escalate at-risk customers and ensure internal visibility by providing regular updates, status and next steps on a regular cadence
- Lead EBRs, and stakeholder alignment calls, and working cross functionally both internally and externally
- Thought-Leadership, best practices – We are big on this, here at Gainsight 🙂
- Develop best practices and thought leadership content based on the experiences/ learning from the customers
- Leverage, and develop 1:Many resources/ processes to share the product knowledge/ success stories more broadly (using our PX Community, Office hours, Webinars, PX on PX, etc)
- Problem-Solving, and prioritization – Survival skills:
- Ability to work on an ambiguous/ unstructured problems with minimal supervision
- Possess bias to action to own a problem-solving end to end with an ability to think strategically, and structure complex issues into digestible frameworks, and follow up with strong execution.
- Ability to prioritize, and perform in an ever changing environment
What We’re Looking For
- BA/BS or Equivalent
- 3+ years of recent hands-on Professional Services/ Consulting/ Customer Success/ Customer Marketing (or any other customer facing role) in an Enterprise Product experience is required
- SaaS experience is required
- Willingness to learn, collaborate, comfortable with ambiguity/ changing priorities as part of the start-up culture, and possessing customer-centricity.
- It will be a plus if you have experience with/ in any of the following – Product Analytics/ Product Management/ In-Product Messaging
- It will be a plus if you have experience with any of the following tools – Mixpanel/ Amplitude/ WalkMe/ Pendo/ Google Analytics or the like
- Strong passion for being hands-on technically and product savviness
- Experience collaborating with cross functional teams within Gainsight, and a customer organization to support a joint outcome (For eg: Working with Renewal Specialists for renewal, with Sales for growth/ expansion, with Professional Services for hand-offs, with Support Team in escalations, with the Product to be customer’s advocate)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively via oral & written formats; PowerPoint & Excel skills are a must esp with multiple stakeholders/ personas
- Understanding of the customer pain-points/ use cases, and being able to solve it with Gainsight products.
- Enthusiasm for customer success & excellence in the product space
Why You’ll Love It Here
Your job should never be a barrier to your happiness—it should be an avenue to achieve it. At Gainsight, we’re passionate about achieving our goals—at the office and everywhere—and we work every day to create an environment that nurtures our best selves.
Here are our 5 core values:
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe in success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients, or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching, and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism, and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you–diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is to think more, not do more.
Some other reasons that Gainsters love working here:
- Our Customers: 700+ happy customers. ‘Nuff said.
- Our Pulse Community: Some of the brightest and nicest professionals, colleagues, and friends make up our 20k+ strong Pulse community.
- Our CEO: With a 99% approval rating on Glassdoor, Nick Mehta is one of the most beloved CEOs in Silicon Valley.
- Our Gainsters: 1200+ (and growing!) smart and friendly teammates around the world.
- Our Pulse Impact program: We are committed to advancing an equitable, human-first industry culture by addressing professional barriers to success and promoting an inclusive community that reflects the diverse world around us.
- Our Parody Videos: No explanation needed, just watch them here!
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k available on the first day of the month after start date, and flexible PTO.
Gainsight is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, where applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
By joining the Gainsight team, you’ll have a unique opportunity to make your mark at a high-growth company and have loads of fun doing it. Come join us!