Hi! We are Billie, the leading provider of “Buy Now, Pay Later” (BNPL) payment methods for businesses, offering B2B companies innovative digital payment services and modern checkout solutions. We are here to transform and upgrade the operating system of B2B Payments. Thus, we enable businesses to pay and get paid on their own terms, having the same frictionless and flexible experience as consumers are used to nowadays. To do so, our solutions are based on proprietary, machine-learning-supported risk models, fully digitized processes and a highly scalable tech platform. This makes us a deep-tech company building financial products, not the other way around. We love building simple and elegant solutions and we strive for automation and scalability. Our vision to create new freedom through innovation has attracted exciting strategic partners and highly experienced investors, making us join forces with Klarna and securing an outstanding $100 million Series C funding round nearly quadrupling our previous valuation. Our investors include VCs such as Dawn Capital, Creandum, Picus and SpeedInvest.
Join us to create the future of B2B payments!
OUR TECH STACK:
Billie is moving fast towards a microservice architecture written mainly in PHP 7(Symfony4), Python and GoLang. The services talk to each other using REST, RabbitMQ and GraphQL. Data is stored in MySql and SnowFlake. It lives in AWS. We have no legacy code and we are always eager to update our stack to the newest versions. Visit our tech radar for more info on our technologies.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As an Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the management of a cross-functional Engineering Team. You will lead, coach, mentor and provide direction to your teams, fostering engagement, efficiency and happiness. They will rely on you for their personal and professional development, performance management, and day-to-day guidance. Additionally, you will influence the team’s way of working through high level involvement in code reviews and delivery planning, as well as building and improving the development environment and process.
- Owning the entire engineering process and ensuring industry-leading engineering practices for your team and for Billie
- Challenging and enabling the team on technological and architectural decisions
- Ensuring on-time delivery of the backlog with an end-to-end view of the roadmap
- Growing our engineers in their technical and soft skills. Ensuring your teams stay happy, healthy and productive
- Coaching & challenging the engineers on their journey to the next level, while cultivating a culture of ownership, customer centricity, mastery and purpose
- Acting as an interface between strategy and delivery. Work with the leadership team, translate and cascade the vision and business priorities to your team
- Working together with the Product team to build an understanding about the priority of requirements, participate in technical discussions and help shape the roadmap
- Support the team in learning and development by identifying learning needs and encouraging the team to develop themselves
- Collaborate with People team in the hiring and onboarding processes
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Someone primarily motivated by fostering people growth, that demonstrates passion for working with and for people to help them flourish and succeed.
- At least two years of experience in building and leading autonomous teams of software engineers: conducting one-on-one’s, performance reviews, mentoring and coaching, development and growth planning.
- Experience in FinTech, Payment Platforms, PSPs, or other compatible industries will be highly valued.
- A true conviction towards Agile engineering practices such as TDD, BDD, and CI/CD
- Entrepreneurial thinking and ability to lead projects and groups, including managing complex projects with various stakeholders
- Confidence in acting as the single point-of-contact for ‘owned’ areas – working with cross-functional partners across the company
- Full professional proficiency in the English language.
WHAT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to B2B customers.
- Previous work experience in the Financial industry or in the Payments realm that enable you to dive deep into our product very quickly.
- Proven professional experience with start-up companies and/or with international teams
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Flexible work hours and trust in your ability to deliver, empowering you to take control of your work-life balance.
- Up to 6 weeks per year of “Workation”.
- One of the best Virtual Shares Incentive Programs in the market, so that everyone at Billie is invested in our success.
- Freedom to balance working from home and the office according to you and your team’s needs. No restrictions, only guidelines and a flexibility-first approach.
- Our “Catch a Ride with Billie” program gives you a big discount on the Monthly Public Transport pass in Berlin.
- A yearly development budget to broaden your skill set and horizons. We also offer free German group classes with your colleagues.
- An English-speaking, multicultural team with more than 35 nationalities from all continents represented in our staff.
- A one-time relocation bonus if you join us in Berlin.
- A great office space near Checkpoint Charlie with free gym access, healthy snacks and cereals, fruit, coffee, soda, and beer.
Billie offers you the opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Fintech startups in Europe following the mission to innovate to create new freedom for businesses of all sizes. Our combined decades of experience in B2B Financing and Payments in a market thirsty for innovation and change make this a fantastic possibility to get into the most dynamic space in tech.
Join an international team of talented, passionate people where drive and merit matter. We work in nimble, cross-functional teams with open communication lines across the company. You’ll be surrounded by smart people from a wide variety of backgrounds from which you can learn and that want to learn from you.
Are you ready to join Billie?