Super provides access for everyone to experience more of what life has to offer, whatever their income or circumstance.
We solve real-world problems in fintech, travel, and eCommerce as we help our millions of customers spend less and save more. We have raised over $100MM to date and have driven over $1B in sales since the release of our first product (SuperTravel) in 2016. Our growth and impact are a testament to the work and dedication of our 200+ person team around the world.
We are constantly innovating, building, and iterating. We use data to help us move fast and make decisions. We have an open and transparent culture where everyone has access to information empowering them to be an owner. We are all one team and you will find everyone here is willing to help each other work towards a common goal. Check out this article from our CEO, Hussein Fazal on Super’s Core Values.
Employee well-being is a top priority. Whether it’s access to physical/mental health services, competitive compensation, unlimited vacation, or our remote-first work environment – we provide flexible benefits that reflect our employee-first culture and our commitment to a healthy work-life integration.
For highly motivated self-starters, Super accelerates your career growth and unlocks your potential through the people, work, and programs it has to offer. Come join us to make an impact in your career and in the world.
About the Role
We are looking for a Data Engineering Manager with 6+ years of experience to join our growing Data and Analytics team! As a software engineer on the data team at Super, you will be responsible for building and scaling our data platform used by engineers, data analysts, and business users across the company. You will have the opportunity to build scalable and highly available data pipelines using bleeding-edge tech and tools in one of Toronto’s fastest-growing Data teams, with a focus on thinking big and moving quickly. You will have full control over ensuring the accuracy and integrity of all data, and will build tools and predictive models that drive insights and decision-making.
- Help to evolve and scale our data platform, with an eye towards growth of our business and reliability of our data
- Work closely with the analytics team, as well as other stakeholders from finance, sales, marketing, and product, to understand the data needs of the business and produce processes that enable a better product and support growth decision-making
- Lead the design and implementation of new data pipelines, products and data models
- Build and lead a high performing team of data engineers and analytics engineers and provide technical leadership as well as career mentorship
- Improve, manage, and mentor standards for code maintainability and performance in code submitted and reviewed
- Help evolve our CI/CD strategy for our ELT jobs and pipelines
- We use an SOA architecture powered by many micro-services, including the bot platform, the NLP model and the real-time pricing and recommendation engine
- Data pipeline tools including Fivetran, dbt, Airflow, Apache Spark, Snowflake, Looker
- We have a distributed ELT infrastructure hosted using Docker and AWS
- You have at least 5+ years+ of software/data engineering experience, at least 2 of which has been as leading teams and complex projects
- You learn quickly, regardless of the languages and technologies used
- You always strive to build the minimally viable product before over-engineering
- You have experience building scalable data pipelines and powerful reporting tools
- You love solving complex problems with logical, well-architected solutions
- You are well-versed in data modeling and have experience building distributed systems
- Clear communicator who can gather technical requirements and explain technical intricacies
Why work at Super?
- Work with a group of ultra-smart hard-working talent coming from companies such as Google, Uber, & Facebook
- Join a results-driven organization where performance is measured by your output and not the number of hours you work
- Be part of a 100% transparent culture where every employee has access to board decks, strategy, and financials
- Work on projects that have instant impact, with most engineers pushing code to production within their first week
- Every day you will be helping our customers save money, earn rewards, and experience more of what life has to offer, making this a very rewarding and meaningful career
Perks & Benefits
- We are a Remote-first company, we offer flexible working hours with complete work-from-home freedom and a guilt-free unlimited vacation policy
- Enjoy employee rewards, and travel discounts using SuperTravel
- Competitive salaries, equity options, full benefits from day one, wellness budgets, and paid development – we’ve got you covered!
- UberEats credits, meal budgets, special treats, and team lunches
- When in the office, enjoy daily snack services and unlimited coffee, tea, and other drinks
- Supporting continued growth with Learning & Development, Diversity & Inclusion events, TED talk Tuesdays, and Lunch & Learn opportunities
- We welcome new additions with a generous EI top-up, parental leave, additional vacation, and a flexible return-to-work plan
- Game nights, Happy Hours, internal hackathons, team building games, workouts, and more
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If needed, please notify our Talent Acquisition Partner.