Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
We’re building a new AdTech team to build out Upwork’s Ad products to enable our users to advertise and stand out in Upwork’s work marketplace. This team is directly responsible for building out an Ad product that will be used by hundreds of thousands of users and will have a major impact on Upwork’s business. Our goal is to build a world class platform for our users at scale, while focusing on the user experience, platform stability, scalability and transparency as our core principles.
You’ll be leading and growing a team of passionate engineers to design, develop, and implement solutions, including using open source, frameworks, and components that will enable us to improve and scale our AdTech. We’re still in the early stages of this new product line, so you will be making a huge impact on building the team, technology and business. If you have a passion for solving hard problems at scale and love to apply your expertise in AdTech to build a new suite of Ad products for our users, then you’ll thrive in this team and Upwork.
- Co-lead the company’s Ad product strategy. You will participate actively with product and business counterparts to define the entire feature set from Ad delivery to the reporting system.
- Lead the team through technical designs and build out the technical roadmap to a sophisticated bidding system that can be applied to different Ad types, create an ad manager dashboard and reports with key metrics and ROI.
- Work with different application and infrastructure teams to deliver this AdTech product across the entire Upwork.com and beyond.
- Responsible for hiring, mentoring, and managing a team of top-notch globally distributed engineers.
- Drive on time delivery and execution of key projects while maintaining superior quality and high site uptime.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Experience in commercial software applications, of which 3+ years are in AdTech or MarTech space.
- Multiple years of industry experience building scalable micro services and data driven platforms.
- Multiple years of experience with AWS stack, orchestration and scaling tooling for it.
- a year of experience leading and mentoring high-performing teams.
- Leading engineering teams across multiple time zones.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.