BetterCloud is the market leader for SaaS Operations, enabling IT professionals to transform their employee experience, maximize operational efficiency, and centralize data protection. With no-code automation enabling zero touch workflows, thousands of forward-thinking organizations like Walmart, Oscar Health and Square now rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across their cloud application portfolio.
With 10+ years experience pioneering the SaaS Operations movement, BetterCloud now serves the world’s largest community of SaaSOps experts. As host of Altitude, the industry’s leading SaaSOps event and publisher of The State of SaaSOps Report, the category’s definitive market research, BetterCloud is recognized by customers (G2) and leading analyst firms (Gartner and Forrester) as the market leader in SaaS Operations Management.
Headquartered in New York City, with a product and engineering office in Atlanta, GA, as well as innovation hubs & remote talent across the U.S., BetterCloud has raised $187 million to date.
We are a high-energy, high-growth product company seeking an enterprising individual to join our growing team as an Engineering Manager. This team’s mission is to provide automation features for our SaaSOps product. A demonstrated background in leading software engineering teams is a must to be successful in this role. We’re big believers in continuous delivery and use metrics like cycle time, defect removal efficiency, and mean time to resolution as tools to improve and get better. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience with these or other metrics having used them to constantly improve.
Our products live in the cloud on Google’s Cloud Platform. Our microservices technology stack includes React on the front end, Java (primarily) and Scala server side, and a mix of relational and NoSQL solutions on the back end, including MySQL, ElasticSearch, and BigTable. We handle eye-popping amounts of data and events using stream processing technologies such as Kafka and Flink.
We don’t expect anyone to have experience with all of these technologies. We’re simply looking for a seasoned software engineering leader who loves to build, lead, and mentor highly functioning development teams. The ideal candidate has spent is well-versed in software development best practices including Agile methodologies and API standards, has prior management experience over professionals responsible for business critical software delivery and is a strong practitioner in partnering with business teams to deliver business outcomes.
If you have these qualities and are willing to hit the ground running then this job is perfect for you!
- 7+ years experience building/enabling enterprise level software solutions
- 2+ years (most recently) leading/managing development teams
- A solid understanding of Scrum or Scaled Agile and how to apply their respective practices in a pragmatic way
- Ability to work with other stakeholders – product management, product design, and product operations / project management – to break down epics into manageable chunks that can then be executed on by your teams
- Collaborate with other business stakeholders including Customer Success, Sales, Finance and Security
- Mentor and coach software engineers of various levels of experience
- Manage a high performing team of 5-10 individuals, with a focus on developing their talents and passions
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative way across functions
- Proficiency in delivering highly performant, scalable, extensible, maintainable, secure software as part of a larger technology solution integrating seamlessly with other parts of the solution
What You’ll Do
- Acts as a mentor, leader, and manager for the software engineers on their team.
- Works with their team members to find their strengths and passions, and use them to build a career path
- Ensures optimal performance of the team following performance management guidelines and ensuring the team is meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Builds a tight relationship with other stakeholders. Works with those stakeholders to develop the roadmap for their team and then execute against the roadmap.
- Collaborates with architects and technical leaders across engineering, security, and operations to help define, evangelize, and achieve the overall technical vision of BetterCloud.
- As a continuous delivery advocate, constantly look for ways to make your team more efficient. Embraces KPIs like cycle time, predictability, and defect removal efficiency and treat them as tools we can use to improve.
- Acts as a coach and cheerleader for your team. Attend sprint planning meetings to ensure everyone understands and buys into the goal the team is looking to accomplish and help remove any impediments that may be in their way. You celebrate wins! You look for learning opportunities and future prevention in the misses.
What We Offer
- Career growth opportunities coupled with both leadership and technical training
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
*Remote – Qualified applicants based on most states of the U.S.A. are eligible for this position. Note that there are a number of states from where this position cannot be held.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents BetterCloud’s reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $139,000 – $155,000
This salary range represents BetterCloud’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of posting, and BetterCloud may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. The final salary for this position will be determined in BetterCloud’s sole discretion, consistent with applicable law, and based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the employee’s work experience, skills, and qualifications for the role, as well as the needs of BetterCloud’s business and other operational considerations.
Overview of BetterCloud Benefits:
- Health benefits package (including medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible spending accounts
- PTO (sick leave, parental leave, vacation benefits)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental Health Resources
- Stock Options