We are looking for a talented and experienced Email Marketing Manager to join the Wanderu team. The person in this position will be responsible for managing and growing all aspects of our email marketing efforts, including overall email strategy, campaign development, copy & design optimization, and performance analysis.
The Email Marketing Manager will play an integral part in scaling our existing email activities and expanding our email footprint to attract new users and keep existing ones engaged. You will work directly with the Director of Communications to develop a winning email strategy and gather the resources needed to successfully execute on it.
You’ll be in charge of running a rich variety of email-based campaigns. Those include transactional emails (booking confirmation, trip reminder, etc.), promotional emails (weekly and seasonal newsletters, product announcements, etc.), lifecycle emails, and any other types you and the marketing team deem necessary and useful to both inform and grow Wanderu’s audience.
The ideal candidate will have ample experience conceptualizing and running email-based campaigns, as well as great understanding of growth marketing initiatives.
- Develop a scalable and sustainable email marketing strategy to attract new users and retain and continuously re-engage Wanderu’s existing user base.
- Produce and execute all email campaigns, including building emails from templates and HTML, copywriting, asset coordination, and scheduling.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive email marketing calendar and ensure its alignment with business objectives and internal stakeholders.
- Implement customer data to personalize email content and key messages.
- Devise and execute A/B tests, manage testing calendar, record results, and advise on improvements.
- Work in partnership with designers and the Content team to optimize email creative and template structure based on best practices and user behavior data.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to support new and ongoing business partnerships.
- Monitor and evaluate campaign performance, including opens, clicks, conversions, revenue lift and unsubscribes, and propose changes to continuously optimize and improve campaign performance and user experience.
- Keep an eye out for emerging trends and innovative email marketing strategies from other leading global brands to gain insights on the latest best practices.
- Constantly look for ways to use new technologies and tools to improve Wanderu’s approach to email marketing.
- Proven experience managing an email marketing plan.
- Hands-on experience in marketing automation platforms.
- Detailed knowledge of email regulations, best practices, and compliance internationally in various regulatory regimes (e.g., GDPR or CASL).
- Proven work experience in growing, engaging with, and analyzing the performance of a large email marketing database.
- Experience building an email marketing campaign from scratch and developing multi-step email journeys.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS, A/B testing, and other CMS.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience working with the BlueShift email marketing platform
- Experience in ecommerce and/or marketing for B2C travel products
- Knowledge of Liquid template language
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status