Noyo is the leading benefits infrastructure company, enabling seamless data connectivity across the benefits ecosystem. We believe every person should have access to great benefits that are easy to understand, easy to use, and have them covered when they need it most.
In service of that mission, we provide modern infrastructure to power the next generation of consumer health and benefits experiences. Like Stripe in payments and Plaid in financial services, Noyo makes it possible for developers to embed benefits into any app.
We are a rapidly-growing technology company backed by the best investors in Silicon Valley, and we are building a team of ambitious and creative people looking to change the face of benefits.
Noyo is a distributed company with teammates all across the United States. We have offices in San Francisco and Raleigh-Durham.
Noyo is a rapidly growing, distributed-first company. We are seeking our first Distributed Practices Lead to invest in systems, practices, and norms that support a high performing, engaged, and effective team.
The right person for this role feels empowered by the future of work and has a point of view on how to support fulfilling and effective distributed environments. If you find yourself analyzing the ideal split between asynchronous and synchronous time, exploring the latest collaboration tools, and obsessing over the details to bring a creative vision to life, this might be the role for you.
This is a dynamic role that will include onboarding, learning & development, knowledge management, tooling, culture, and communication. As part of our People Operations team, you will collaborate cross-functionally and your work will have a broad impact across the company. This means continuously reviewing our practices to address knowledge gaps, bringing in tools to support working asynchronously, and fostering an environment where people can do their best work and teams can thrive. Our ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with a point of view on distributed work, an outstanding relationship builder, and a change agent. This role will report to our Head of People.
You will help us evolve our work practices by cultivating learning, collaboration, and culture, while making it easy for people to nurture strong interpersonal relationships in our distributed environments. This includes everything from onboarding to collaboration tools to documentation to management and coaching. You will take a consultative approach in identifying learning gaps across the company.
You understand distributed teams, how to design virtual learning experiences (including curriculum design & development), engage equitable experiences across a distributed team environment, and are thoughtful with change management. You are an inspirational storyteller, an empathetic and effective communicator and operator, and enjoy improving the overall effectiveness of our entirely distributed team spread across the United States. You’re not afraid to challenge the status quo and most importantly, you can produce amazing work that supports employee & organizational growth.
This is a unique opportunity at a growing start-up. People do not fit in boxes, and we are seeking a leader who can adapt to different learning styles and environments to support our team doing their best work. We are not looking for someone to come in with a set of predefined training and make rules. We’re not aiming to recreate the same experience we had when we were all in the same office together — we’re looking to create something much better. If you have a creative mind, possess a hunger for learning, are truly passionate about helping others, and want to support a high-impact company that’s building a future where insurance is easy to understand and even easier to use, then this is the role for you.
What You’ll Do
- Help build an environment where employees are motivated to do their best work and where we can still leverage the informal interactions and brainstorming that drive innovation.
- Lead the creation of a high performing distributed culture by developing & evolving our distributed-first operating principles, norms, and policies for the company.
- Iterate and continually optimize our distributed working best practices
- Create rituals and etiquette around meetings that are useful for people calling in, developing practices that work across time zones, etc.
- Consult with internal partners to inform learning and development strategies and share best practices to ensure continuity across multiple programs and teams.
- Develop and facilitate learning & development programs across the entire employee lifecycle to build a culture of learning & development for a distributed workforce, including onboarding, train the trainer, and skill building programs.
- Create learning and performance-support materials to enhance the effectiveness of the learning experience (e.g., job aids, handouts, participant and facilitator guides).
- Analyze what skills will be most essential as the workforce continues to evolve.
- Direct training and up-skilling of newly-remote managers, collect feedback on needed resources (and subsequently deploy said resources), coach them on unlearning old approaches, refine their mastery of asynchronous workflows.
- Evaluate, propose, implement and drive adoption of tools that enable us to be better connected, work more efficiently as a remote team, and track effectiveness of our learning & development programs.
- Create metrics to track progress and identify gaps. Based on data, continuously evolve the programs and services.
What We Are Looking For
- Prior experience in related roles or functions (e.g. business consulting, business operations, culture management, learning and development, People Operations or Human Resources, Workplace Experience).
- Experience working at a company with a significant distributed workforce.
- Deep curiosity with high empathy.
- Ability to distill complex decisions to a broad audience, while acting as a constant stream of feedback.
- Experience within management-level roles and as an influencer within management.
- Experience designing and delivering learning programs to reflect knowledge in adult learning principles, outside of traditional classroom environments.
- Experience in facilitation and adapting content and conversations to meet the needs of your audience.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including active listening.
- Collaborative team player with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Innovative and adaptable.
- Comfortable with ambiguity with a bias for experimentation.
- Experience operating in a changing environment.
- Understanding of how people operate when distributed, including the mental and physical challenges they face, what different personalities need, and how to build trust with teams.
- Deep familiarity with remote work collaboration tools on the market.
- Ability to effectively document and create documentation systems that scale.
- Self-starter with a track record of getting your work across the finish line.
- Deep understanding of how benefits work is a plus.
What You’ll Love About Noyo
- You will work on innovative technology that positively impacts everyday people.
- You will be challenged technically and work with a team that prioritizes career growth.
- You will collaborate with an ambitious and motivated team who are aligned around a driving mission – use technology to make the insurance industry better for everyone.
What we value
1. Judgment to experiment quickly without sacrificing quality
2. Combination of ambition and creativity to solve hard problems
3. Collaborative approach and focus on finding the best ideas, wherever they may be
What we offer
Competitive salary and equity packages – You’ll be an owner of the company
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – Noyo pays 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependents premiums
Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance – Company paid life and disability coverage
Health and Dependent Care FSAs – Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for out-of-pocket expenses
401k Account – 401k program through Guideline
Commuter Benefits – Tax-advantaged commuter benefits account
Home Office Stipend – Noyo offers each team member a $500 stipend to spend on home office related equipment
Parental Support – 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
Paid Time Off – Uncapped vacation days & paid holidays
Holidays Off – Noyo observes 14 holidays including Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day, Election Day, & Veterans day
How we work together
No Meeting Wednesdays – Wednesdays are used for deep work, so we try to avoid meetings being scheduled this day unless it’s client sensitive.
Tech Stack – We primarily use Slack, Google Suite, and Notion.
Core Hours – To maintain our flexible, self-directed work schedules without leading people to feel they need to be constantly connected, we’ve implemented core meeting hours where cross-time zone meetings happen.
Noyo products serve everyone, and we believe the best products are built by teams that represent their users. We value unique contributions and actively welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to join us at Noyo. We are committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
Noyo participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching the information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Here you will find links to the Participation Poster as well as the Right to Work notices in English and Spanish.